cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP Address

coastergrotto
Grafter

Static IP Address

Is it possible to request a change of your Static IP Address?    Not to change to a dynamic one, but to obtain a different static one.  If so, can it be done over the phone or by raising a ticket?
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Static IP Address

coastergrotto,
Not really I'm afraid. The main reason for this is that when people ask for this to be done it's generally due to an issue relating to the specific IP they have. As soon as a static IP is relinquished it automatically gets released into a pool only to be assigned to a new customer (who would then have the same issue).
Do you mind if I ask why you are asking for it to be changed as we may be able to come up with a better way of resolving the issue in hand.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
coastergrotto
Grafter

Thanks Adam for your reply.    It was on behalf on my son actually who is moving and just wondered if he might be assigned a new static IP address after his move.  I'll pass it on to him.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi coastergrotto,
IPs are assigned to an account rather than to a physical location. Hence if you move and retain the same account with us a static IP would not change.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team