Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stale Connection

shure
Grafter

Stale Connection

Hi,
Yesterday I had a power cut, which lasted only about half an hour, following which my internet connection was really, really slow, taking several minutes to load a page.  So I rebooted the router and modem, but now I can get no connection at all.  I know BT are working in the road preparing for fibre installation to the village.
Plusnet support were very helpful and diagnosed the issue as a stale connection, whereby even though I physically disconnected the router the line was still showing as connected, even though they could see no traffic was going down it.  So I can't reconnect as the line thinks there is already a connection on it.  We tried a different modem/router, but had the same issue.  Plusnet themselves could not force a disconnection, so this has now been elevated to 2nd line, which unfortunately means I have to wait at least 72 hours before getting resolution, by which time the weekend will kick in Angry
Any thoughts on why even PN can't force my connection to drop?
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Stale Connection

Sorry to hear this has happened.
I'm looking into this.
[EDIT]
Should be fine now?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
shure
Grafter

Many thanks - finally up and running again! Smiley
And I realise the above may look as though I was being sarcastic about support, but that's really not the case - he was very helpful, but just couldn't force the disconnect.  Any idea what the issue was?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I can't be sure, but I suspect the older way to action this failed - rather than using our newer self serve tools on Btwholesale.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
shure
Grafter

OK, thanks.  Least it's sorted!