cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staff input required ? Throttling / Traffic Management etc ....

picbits
Rising Star

Staff input required ? Throttling / Traffic Management etc ....

Some confusion going on in this thread on Hotukdeals
Could a member of Staff please pop on and clear it up ?
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/unlimited-76mb-fibre-broadband-half-price-for-6-month-9-99-with-plus...
Ta Smiley
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Staff input required ? Throttling / Traffic Management etc ....

Hi there,
Cheers, its been tended to
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
picbits
Rising Star

Thanks Adam - some serious misinformation going on on that thread (as often happens).
englishrick
Grafter

I wasnt misinforming them on hotuk deals when i said speeds are terrible at peak times...ITS TRUE!!!!
dick:quote
picbits
Rising Star

I think it must be area / exchange dependent on some of the issues.
Only once in the past couple of months have I had a serious speed issue and that was solved by a router disconnect / reconnect.
I have absolutely no issues with people with current first hand experience of problems saying their bit - you included if you're having issues. It make for balanced decision making. There seems to be issues with billing which people aren't happy about as well. I'm just waiting for my second proper bill to come through - hopefully it will be as expected.
When you get the numptys come on saying Plusnet are BT in disguise or just "Plusnet are rubbish" with nothing to back it up then that's annoying (as it is on any HUKD thread).
Hopefully Plusnet will sort these issues out and give the other big ISP players a good run for their money !
Bjn
Grafter

Ok I understand picbits what your saying and would normally agree BUT at the moment there are some problems on the PN network which appear not to be related to the normal issues that a simple disconnect can cure. To their credit the PN guys on this forum namely Bob, Chris and Dave have been working in the evenings during the period the problems occur for some users to find the cause. Last week and last night I worked with them on the problems I had when my speed can drop from a constant 51Mbps to below 10Mbps and pings increase greatly. PN have ruled out any line problems and are trying hard to find a fix which to their credit they say they are not sure what the problem is but it appears across their network for some users.
So at the moment its safe to say that there are some unusual problems on the PN network which have been affecting some users most but not every evening where a gateway hop can fix the problem that evening but can reappear  the next evening on the new gateway.
The Englishrick I can understand your frustration as this has been going on for over two weeks and there appears no quick easy fix at present. For example my line last night was 51Mbps all day and at 7pm to 8pm dropped to 19Mbps recovered to full speed at 8pm then at 9pm on the dot dropped to 9Mbps and at 10pm recovered to full speed where it stayed until now. I have a SamKnow White box on my line so can supply results to prove these speeds results as well as the high pings during the problem periods. This problem affects, browsing,video streaming and gaming so at the time my family want to use PN they have a very restricted service atm.
Hope this is a more balanced view of what's happening picbits than the "peak time terrible speed" quote you picked up on.
Englishrick give the PN guys some slack they have been trying to help you and others last night to solve the problem.Please don't bit the hand that's trying to help you you may find they become less sympathetic
dick:quote

picbits
Rising Star

I was following the thread last night as you were all trying different things. It was far more interesting that what the wife had on the telly Wink
I watched these forums for a while to get the general feel of what the support was like and what the common problems with the network were and felt happy enough with Plusnet to sign up after a couple of weeks of monitoring them.