cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sporadic email password request

Lulu

Sporadic email password request

Hi All,
Just recently I've started getting sporadic 'Enter Network Password' request boxes within Outlook 2003 for the two email addresses I have through mail.plus.net
I don't have this problem with any of the other (gmail) addresses that I manage through Outlook.
I've obviously saved the passwords when creating the accounts in Outlook. I've also deleted and re-created the accounts in both Outlook and in Manage My Mail within PlusNet.
It's currently inconsistent with it's behaviour but is happening roughly 50% or so of the time every time Outlook requests a Send/Receive every 10 minutes.
It initially started off one or twice a week but seems to be increasing. It's now at the stage where it's beginning to interfere to the extent that I'm having to close Outlook down to do uninterrupted work.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Lulu
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Sporadic email password request

Is it only when it has mail to send ?
This http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290684 is quite old but does any of it help at all.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lulu

Re: Sporadic email password request

Thanks for that.
After slowly working through the recommendations and allowing things to settle, it was an add-on in Outlook that was upsetting matters.
It's been behaving for a couple of days so hopefully that's the end of it (unitl the next one!)