cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split from: Broadband Speed Issues - 03/10/09

leeanthony
Grafter

Re: Split from: Broadband Speed Issues - 03/10/09

Bah. Nevermind. I see Plusnet have lost there care levels again in my ticket too, forget it. I'll start looking for a new isp
James
Grafter

Sorry, I didn't think you actually expected me to start watching your gaming video.
As I mentioned earlier, I really don't think there's anything else we can try for you.
leeanthony
Grafter

Gaming video? Its like a 20 second clip to demonstrate the lag spikes for you to all understand properly, as its quite clear that none of you actually know what my problem is. Wasted enough time as it is though, Il be off now
leeanthony
Grafter

James can you turn my interleaving off please
leeanthony
Grafter

Just bumping this not sure if youve read it
James
Grafter

Lee,
Interleaving will be turned off tomorrow.
leeanthony
Grafter

Thanks
leeanthony
Grafter

I hope you read this James!
I should of done this a long time ago, I feel bad for not actually!
Firstly, Thanks James for the time you spent on me helping fix this problem, going out of your way for me.
Thanks to everyone else too!
Im sorry for some of the comments I made when frustrated by this, and all in all.. I am actually sorry for wasting your time.
This problem was fixed a while ago, the problem was all down to my router.
I didnt know how, so I dont want to take any blame, and no one did suggest I ping my own router either, so I wasnt to know.
People were making suggestions to ping certain things, tracerts etc.. but never to ping my own router
One day I did ping my own router, and the response times from my own router were dreadful! So I knew straight away, after all this time, the problem was infact my own damn hardware. I felt quite embarressed infact, probably why I didnt bother saying anything  Embarrassed Im sorry!
So yeah, thanks again everyone for all the help during this frustrating time for me.
Anyone else having latency issues especially in games, be sure to ping your own router first Cheesy They should be all 1ms etc.. A few a little higher is fine, but mine were stupidly high.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi Leeanthony,
I'm sure that I speak for everyone here on the forums that we are very happy that you have solved your problems.
I think the 'Community' name says it all here.  It is the community that sets PlusNet apart from other ISPs more than anything else.  Hope your experiences in the future keep you a happy customer, you might find yourself helping others with the benefit of your exeprience as well.
We are not all technical experts here, much of the advice is based on experience more than expertise (though some real experts are usually around also to assist when they have the opportunity).
I think that PlusNet should 'advetise' the forums a lot more as I did not discover them for a long time after I joined and I have learned a lot here from reading various posts.  I'm certainly still learning and (much to my wife's annoyance) find these forums much nore interesting than somoe of the rubbish currently on the television.
I don't think anyone will consider their time wasted when the end result was eventual success.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
leeanthony
Grafter

Yeah man I totally agree, these forums should deffinately be made more visible to new customers
Ive been a customer since 3 Jul 2008 and I only discovered these forums properly a couple months ago, they really are great!