cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedtester

Paulalex
Grafter

Speedtester

So now we get the same Welcome talk talk customers recieve, at least the speedtest complaints should drop quite quickly, if we "Aint got no EASY access to it !"
Performance Tester is unable to run the speed test for your telephone number:028********. Please check that it is the correct telephone number for your service. Did you follow all the instructions given on the website, before initiating the speed test. If not, then please follow all the instructions carefully and try to run the test again.If you believe it is the correct number for your service and you have followed all the instructions then please ask your Service Provider whether you can use Performance Tester to test your Broadband speed. If yes, then ask him for the Service ID of your broadband connection and try again with this Service ID along with your Telephone Number. If this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.
YES I USED THE CORRECT NUMBER.
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Speedtester

Paulalex,
So now we get the same Welcome talk talk customers recieve

A very warm welcome to Plusnet and forums, hope all is well with you. I don't think you'd get a welcome like that from Talk Talk and  I have had personal dealings with their call centres. Smiley
There's a known issue with the BT speed tester at the moment, I would advise avoiding it. We will be posting in these forums when we have news of this being fixed. In the meantime try one of these:
http://speedtest.net/
http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Bearing in mind if you are running Kaspersky you may get some pretty wacky results.
With Kaspersky running:

With Kaspersky disabled:
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's a new one on me strat, I'll bear that in mind as I use Kaspersky at home.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I'm running Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 for reference.
Our of interest I did this with Kaspersky running.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Paulalex
Grafter

Yeah i know it has problems, but i am waiting to see my BT IP Profile creep back up to 1800 or higher. i miss my old IP Profile.
The speedtest is my only way of finding it, So now its back, can you change my capped plus net one to match it also.
Download speedachieved during the test was - 14678 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 4000-21000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :0 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 18000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 10.0:28.34:61.66 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Paulalex,
I've just changed the PN profile to 18000.
Jojo Smiley
Paulalex
Grafter

Thank you Jojo  Smiley
pcoventry
Grafter

That's going to give it a good kick  Wink