cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedtest.net showing my ISP as Infonet Services instead of Plusnet technologies

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Speedtest.net showing my ISP as Infonet Services instead of Plusnet technologies

Ben,
See this thread - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130918.0.html
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Edward_Snowden
Fixes: 1

Re: Speedtest.net showing my ISP as Infonet Services instead of Plusnet technologies

Something stinks !!!!  2016 now !

2 years at Least and I am FED UP with,  My Searches, The BBC, The NATIONAL LOTTERY and many more INSISTING I am NOT IN THE UK.

Sort this PLEASE Plusnet !!!!

Poor show !

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

All of those sites should recognise the IP you're posting from as a UK one. Can you reply to this thread with the information: https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/IP-addresses-not-UK-Can-customers-please-report-any-p...

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

What issue are you having with search? National Lottery should have been sorted a while back after they introduced further geo-location checks, and I've never known there to be any issues with the BBC. Can you elaborate?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scirvine001

The reason you see the ISP difference is Plusnet will have purchased a batch of IP addresses from the said company hence the ISP name difference

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Thanks for your addition to this 18 month old Topic @scirvine001 

The subject is covered in more depth in this Topic

Suggest this old thread is locked in favour of the topic above.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Topic locked in favour of linked thread above..

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine