cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds!!

farley1981
Dabbler

Speeds!!

I have the value package from plusnet the 8 mb speeds and 10GB a month.  As from the 17th of june im going upto the 60GB a month package.
I started off getting 6-7mb speed and now im pushing to get over 3 i have tryed all sorts of things resetting the router, truning off my router and back on.
I'm lost here can anyone give me some advice on how to make this faster?
I also have interlevering turned off, so they say.
Speed test:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 2572 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps

8 REPLIES 8
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Speeds!!

Hi Farley,
Hmmm. Having checked the profiles on our side and on BTs there's nothing wrong there - both are set to 7150. What time did you run the BT speed test, and are you seeing the same sort of slowdowns at all times?
farley1981
Dabbler

I've gone up to 6.5mb now i checked again this morning and it was sitting at that speed, so im guessing it could have been a busy time.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

have you checked the status of your exchange? http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
farley1981
Dabbler

This is what that link said mate.
Colour:  Green: VP capacity at this exchange is currently showing as Green.

Colour:  Red BT have advised that no current planned date for WBC on 21CN exists
Colour:  Unknown You can view recent Service Outages for this exchange here

Colour:  Unknown BT has published DSL Max upgrade information for this exchange
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It's the first one that is relevant and that says the exchange is OK. I think you need to run a few tests to see if it is just at particular times of the day. I suggest you use this speed checker.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Sailorchief

Probably on the wrong forum but it says 'speeds'!
Talk Talk have been leafleting my area telling everyone they can have 24 Meg speed and Plusnet staff say they can't.
I have investigated and Talk Talk have installed something in the Whitby (North Yorks) exchange that WILL give that speed. Why can't Plusnet do the same as the 8 meg touted by Plusnet is never achievable even though I am only 200 mtres from the exchange?? Sad
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Talk Talk will have unbundled the exchange (meaning they have their kit in the exchange as you say). This does not guarantee 24Mb speeds to anyone, rather that's the theoretical maximum, but you won't get that unless you live next door to the exchange. Wink
We don't do LLU connections, as we resell BT Wholesale services. This means once your exchange is 21CN enabled we'll be able to offer you the higher speeds too.
If you could post your line stats we may be able to help you get closer to the maximum of 7150 on the upto 8Mb product.
farley1981
Dabbler

Quote from: jelv
It's the first one that is relevant and that says the exchange is OK. I think you need to run a few tests to see if it is just at particular times of the day. I suggest you use this speed checker.

Ive ran the test you said and this is what i got.