cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds on Plusnet Premium, question

Moominfish
Grafter

Speeds on Plusnet Premium, question

I've been reading here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/download_speeds.shtml That download speed Monday - Friday Midnight 12am - 8am everything comes down at Line Speed.
So my question is because it says usage from 12am - 8am isn't counted towards the 80GB monthly allowance, is that the same policy used on a weekend as well that from 12am - 8am everything downloaded doesn't get counted towards the monthly allowance but everything AFTER 8am DOES count towards the monthly allowance even on a weekend? As obviously a lot of people don't work weekends so will no doubt download more on a Saturday and Sunday than they would during the week lol  ;D.
And what's the chances of me actually exceeding the 80GB monthly allowance when I just do general browsing, downloading drivers, watching YouTube videos, checking/sending E-Mail's with attachments such as pictures, and online gaming which presumably when downloading maps etc would use a fair bit of the allowance? because I've worked out the below based on a 31 day month,
80GB = 81920 megabytes divided by a 31 day month @ 16 hours per day = a download limit per day of 2642 megabytes
2642 megabytes divided by the 16 hours everything is counted towards the monthly allowance works out that the maximum download/upload data allowed per hour = 165 megabytes
Please note that I have only divided the daily allowance of 2642 megabytes by 16 hours because obviously 8 hours every day from 12am - 8am wouldn't be counted anyway leaving only 16 hours in a day to divide the 2642 megabytes I worked out we are allowed per day, and I know obviously NO ONE in their right mind would sit at their computer for 16 hours then another 8 at night from 12am - 8am lol  Grin but I'm just intrigued as to how much data everything uses as i've never had to worry about it before with being on a previously truly unlimited package.
Cheers
1 REPLY 1
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Speeds on Plusnet Premium, question

the same peak/off peak hours are every day - 7 a week including  bank holidays  i.e 365 1/4 days a year.
Your biggest use will be youtube or I player