Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds now lower than the guaranteed speed

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Speeds now lower than the guaranteed speed

Thanks a lot for getting back to us @pv, and I too am sorry for the issues you've been having on your line. 

We wouldn't compensate in this scenario I'm afraid, while I acknowledge that speeds have been fluctuating, you've largely remained over your MGS of 46.5Mbps as per Service Notice: SN520977349.

Moreover, the results you've posted above are within your expected speeds advised on the same service notice quoted above. It's also important to acknowledge that since the engineer performed a lift and shift, the line is now within a training period where speeds / noise margin is expected to fluctuate. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
pv
Grafter

Thanks @adam945 . Can you advise as to why the "Minimum Guaranteed Speed" in my Plusnet control panel is significantly lower than the "Downstream Handback Threshold" figure on the BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

More of a question for our contracts team that to be honest @pv, as your MGS is directly tied into your contract. We don't actually use estimates from BT's Availability Checker anymore, we only really use it as a guide. Late on last year, we changed the way we calculated both expected and guaranteed speeds - in line with Openreach's estimates based on other lines of the same characteristics (length / noise margin / natural degradation etc).

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
pv
Grafter

Three days ago my noise margin stopped bouncing around and following a reboot I went from 50 to 63 Meg. DLM seems to have noticed the improvement because shortly after that it dropped my connection and put me at 71 Meg which appears to be holding steady at 6 db NM.

Whatever the external source of noise was seems to have cleared.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hope it does not return...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pv
Grafter

I certainly am! Interesting how DLM was so quick to notice the improvement following a reboot, it also dropped my latency from 22 milliseconds to 8 milliseconds. It must have been monitoring the noise margin as I was.