cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds... half that of estimated

davidwright87

Speeds... half that of estimated

I finally took the plunge and moved to Plusnet... was getting 76Mbit with BT Infinity but changed as they were mucking me about. Plusnet said my estimated speed was the same but I'm only getting half of the estimated speed. It was only installed a few weeks ago and I know it needs time to settle but this is taking the mick. I'm not happy... can anyone help?
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Speeds... half that of estimated

You've possibly been incorrectly provisioned on the 40/10 product. What does a BT speedtest say for you downstream (and Upstream) profiles ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
I've checked over your connection and everything is set as it should be for you to receive you line estimate.
I'd suggest running through our faults wizard as we'll need to investigate this further with your current speeds.

davidwright87

It says it's not possible and asks for me to ring them but everytime I ring, there's a long queue Sad
jim:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Did you get a specific error message? Can you try running the faults wizard again and let me know if it works?
We've also replied to your ticket(#73135040) regarding your phone line.
davidwright87

Quote from: chrispurvey
Did you get a specific error message? Can you try running the faults wizard again and let me know if it works?
We've also replied to your ticket(#73135040) regarding your phone line.

Just says:
Broadband Troubleshooter - Error
There's been a problem
We're sorry, but you can't use the Broadband Troubleshooter to report a fault on your service. Please contact our Support Team for help.
This is really annoying me and I'm seriously thinking about moving back to BT, at least they provided a great service.
James
Grafter

Hi David,
There's currently no call queuing on our phone system.
If you give our support team a ring they should be able to go through some checks with you to ensure that everything is as it should be.