cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds degrading

g3uiss
Grafter

Speeds degrading

Can someone explain why my speeds are degrading. I started with 22down 4UP. This was 30% less than predicted by BTOR, but they eventually changed the prediction ! Hence I had to accept the poor speeds.
It fell to 20/3.5 around December and now sits at 19/2.5 Whilst these are small drops, in percentage they are significant. Also the 19down is less than the BT detailed test shows as achievable being 20-21.5. I'm not sure where the upload should be in this ratio.
Tony
6 REPLIES 6
g3uiss
Grafter

Re: Speeds degrading

I have managed to Log a fault using the Fault Logger. My BT results below
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi g3uiss,
I'm sorry to hear about the dropping of your speeds.
I can see that you have Ticket: 82120074 open for our Faults team to investigate this. Once they have carried out their investigation they'll pop their findings on the ticket for you. Please allow 48-72 hours for this. Hopefully this will be resolved for you soon!
g3uiss
Grafter

Linn
I have now been advised that the line is fine. I appreciate that the tests you have undertaken might show that, but why the step down in speeds every 2 /3 months. I see others are posting about this. I'm paying for FTTC, but I'm not getting much advantage now. My ADSL (with you) is giving me 14down 1 up. I know I have a problem with Aluminium cable that's why it was so low compared to the BT original estimate (they subsequently changed their estimate), but its now below the dslchecker estimate. Can this not be looked at in some more detail please Huh
I have referred the ticket back to your team
Here the BT speed test clearly shows the speed is below expected and the max as 23.64 So why 19.5 Huh This shows a higher IP profile and hence sync speed than the last test, so why is the throughput not better

Tony
g3uiss
Grafter

Just checked the speed again and its now back to where it started at 22.50 reflecting where I would expect it.
I have closed the ticket, but an explanation would be useful
You will see my Sync speed is now much higher on your member portal than its been for 3 months
g3uiss
Grafter

Anyone from PlusNet going to respond Huh
thesawdust
Grafter

No chance it's 22:50 - call them?  Roll_eyes