cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed variation fixed - but now stuck on 2Mbps

emtee
Grafter

Speed variation fixed - but now stuck on 2Mbps

I have had massive speed variation problems (as low as 128kbps through the day, up to 6.5Mbps overnight), which was raised as fault in November last year (I knew the problem was exchange congestion, but nobody would listen).
The fault report disappeared for some reason, so I re-raised it in January. No congestion found, exchange is "green" - engineers visited and no problems found. Eventually got second engineer visit who said he'd dealt with others on "hot VPs", and he made a phone call and quickly confirmed my virtual path was hot. Progressed to BT capacity management and on to complex faults and after a couple of weeks they've now sorted equipment at the exchange and I'm now getting a steady speed all the time.
Unfortunately it's only 2.2Mbps and the diagnostic test (which I could never run before) shows the IP profile is 2Mbps (line speed is >8Mbps, and is well capable of supporting >6Mbps)
Does this need resetting? Or will it train-up in time?
[Plusnet have been in touch via the ticket - because it's new equipment they can't do anything just yet although it "should" increase over the next 72 hours - I supposed after 4 months of waiting, a few days more won't make much difference]
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Speed variation fixed - but now stuck on 2Mbps

It looks like a stuck profile - I thought that problem had been fixed - if it doesn't sort itself out within 24 hours I would think that Plusnet will need to retrain the line
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Just tried to check on this but it looks like the new kit is causing some issues and will be for the next few days (e.g. reporting different cirguit identifiers for lines etc). It's likely this is the cause of the slow speed issues though, so hopefully it will settle down. Please let us know if it doesn't though and we'll get it sorted out for you.
emtee
Grafter

Thanks, Matt