cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed stats are they good or bad

haywardsteve
Grafter

Speed stats are they good or bad

These are my stats from a router moden connected straight into the BT master socket

Downstream

Like rate 283Kbps   Line Att 52db Noise 12.8db

Upstream

Link rate 888Kbps line Att 31db  Noise 7.5db

All this is with a line that's suppose to give me 4Mbps so what are PlusNet doing about it it seems they do not care as repeated calls and notes are not acted upon

2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Speed stats are they good or bad

Hi there,

Sorry you've been having a bad time with your connection. I can see there is a fault open and we've escalated this with our suppliers. They are advising the next step is to book a REIN engineer (they check for electrical interference in the local area that could impact the connection). I do appreciate the frustration here but we're doing all we can to get this resolved for you.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
haywardsteve
Grafter

Re: Speed stats are they good or bad

Thanks Chris BUT this has been going on since January  ( what happened then?? )  I have 2  broadband lines with PlusNet  One work one home and the home line which runs in the same street cable back to the same exchange blocks one runs at 3.5 to 3.8 Mbps with no faults if their was interference why is it only on one connection on that cable since the speed of the bad line is 0.283 Mbps and the other is 12 times better the fault should stand out a mile BUT 5 openreach guys have been here tested the line including a 30 minute test and found nothing wrong so you can see why I am losing my rag with support who just keep putting the queston on hold time and time again WHO ASS CAN I START KICKING UP THERE IN THEIR HIGH TOWER???