cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed restrictions

Rikaitch
Grafter

Speed restrictions

It is with much disgust and disdain that I find myself restricted this month for using my limit. Don't get me wrong, I admit to using my limit, and then some (40Gb on option 3 :P). But I was very disappointed to get the email "you have now gone over your limit, you are now running at 128k, yada yada yada." The last time I got close to my limit, I'm guessing 3 or 4 months ago, I got warnings, things like "you have download 18Gb, watch it," or "You're at 19Gb, and really pushing it." What happened to the friendly warnings? I am now restricted to 128k for the next 3 days until my usage is reset, and suddenly
everything
seems
so
slow.
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Speed restrictions

The warning emails aren't sent out on the BBYW Options until you hit your limit AFAIK. This is because different people set different usage levels and some people will have it on PAYG usage while other have a fixed price set.
The warning levels were there on the old Premier accounts as no more usage could be added once you hit your usage allowance.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Rikaitch
Grafter

So the reason you don't warn us is because you want us to hit the limit and pay for extra once we are restricted anyway? Isn't that a bit discourteous?
James
Grafter

I don't think that was quite the perception we were looking for Smiley
There's definitely an argument there for alerting you when you hit 80/90% of your usage though.
Rikaitch
Grafter

Can you put the idea forward?
James
Grafter

Of course.
Ianwild
Grafter

The reason an email isn't sent is simply because this was never designed as part of the product. I don't think anyone would disagree that this is a good idea. I've added it to our worklist, but realistically it isn't something that's going to make the priority list for development at the moment.
What might help id if someone could put this into the PUG Issue tracker so we can track demand and prioritise this accordingly.
Cheers,
Ian
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Raised as PUGIT Issue 372.
Note: done before I was aware PJ had raised it.  Apologies.
David