Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed restrictions not lifted

x6x7
Dabbler

Speed restrictions not lifted

Hi,
Since about 1pm on 26th Sept I have been unable to use ftp.
I got an email from plusnet at 00:17 on 27th September to say I have gone over my usage allowance and consequently my speeds have been restricted to down 0.25Mbs and upspeed about 0.04Mbs.
I tried to add extra allowance but there was an issue and I had to raise a ticket at 8:57am on 27th and have question id of 60331680.
I was given a helpful explanation of the problem at 8.30am this morning via ticket and the speed should have been reset within 10-15 mins. However it's now over an hour and a half since then and I still can't ftp and my connection speed isn't changed according to various internet speed tests. Incidentally I have reset the router and it's showing sync speeds of  448 / 6464 kbps.
As it's over 24hrs since I submitted the ticket and it's holding up a piece of work I am unable to do I am posting here in the hope of getting it resolved more quickly.
thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Speed restrictions not lifted

have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting in your router interface (rather than switching the router off and no)? it might kick the correct profile in for you.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
x6x7
Dabbler

Hi Dvorak, thanks for the suggestion. Just tried it but no success unfortunately.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi x6x7,
Apologies for the delayed response.
Are you still have issues using ftp? There are no reported issues at the moment.
Let me know how you're getting on.
Chris