Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed restriction not being lifted - please help

Soulsville
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Speed restriction not being lifted - please help

Hi
What's happened to James are you still around?
Soulsville
James
Grafter

Still here!
@ Soulsville - I'm very sorry that this problem took so long to resolve.
@ AJTWWE - Your speeds will remain the same until you change your product type.  You should have previously been seeing those capped traffic levels as a result of your having exceeded the product design of Broadband Plus.  I appreciate that you do not view this policy in a particularly fond light, but it is how the product is designed and at the end of the day, we as a business need to make money in order to continue to exist.
James
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Could you please get someone from PN with the relevant technical knowledge to post a sticky or blog somewhere showing a flow chart and any necessary technical info on the M.O for the BT speedtest. Be3G also believed that it was independant of PN. I think we would all (techies) find it useful for interpreting test results.

I'll try and get something added to my speed blog when I can a chance.
AJTWWE
Grafter

so ur tellin me that there is nothing i can do expect change my product. Well if thats the case then i think it is time to say goodbye to this isp and go to a real isp where i can download as much as i want
prixon

Dear Plusnet
Further to all the above, may I also suggest that you also have a word with your marketing department and consider implementing a communications link back to the support dept.
Having put up with two and a half days (in particular a weekend) of an unusable connection due entirely to Plusnet's cock-up, and having observed Plusnet's failure to address the problem in anything like a reasonable timescale, and having experienced no action on tickets raised about the issues, and having read about all the other unhappy customers whilst no compensation is being considered .....  I've duly received an email today encouraging me to win an IPOD by recommending Plusnet to my friends!!
YOU MUST BE JOKING.
Regards
P
James
Grafter

@ Soulsville
You still have not answered my question why was I included when I was
in the middle of my billing month and well below my on usage.

I've tried giving you a ring, but unfortunately it went straight through to voicemail.
The problem wasn't about usage resets per se, it would about the rules that restrict speeds not getting lifted when they should have been.  this applied to both customers that had exceeded their usage allowances in addition to any customers using advanced protocols during off peak times.
Soulsville
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi James
thanks for replying
So it has now, all been sorted, and put right? or will we all have
the same problems tonight.
I am disappointed with Plusnet.
Plusnet is very good when it gets it right
But Plusnet is not very good when things go wrong
I do really hope that this matter has been sorted out now
Mav thanks for raising the subject and letting us all band together.
Soulsville
Mav
Fixes: 515

Cheers Soulsville.
Glad it seems to be sorted for the majority of us and hope everyone else enjoys the same promptly.
From what James said above there was only two of us doubly affected due to current restrictions in place.
Quote from: Soulsville
Plusnet is very good when it gets it right
But Plusnet is not very good when things go wrong

Those words should echo in PN towers right now  Wink
Sometimes it seems that lessons are not always learnt:
Quote from: Bob

As part of the fix, we need to make sure we've systems in place to alert the relevant parties should an issue like this occur again. We'll also be reviewing why the communication chain broke down on this occasion.

Haven't we heard similar words before?
Anyway. I am a happy bunny again!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

scootie
Grafter

i have had the same problem as all of u. only just come across this post now but i have bein playing ticket tennis all weekend with plusnet and agree wid some of the posts on here that weekend cs has bein below what we normaly get from plusnet.
i will see at midnight if the speed has bein improved on p2p on my option 3 account cant tell yet as i have bein seeing a constant speed of 40KB/s all weekend and at the curent time of day the speed cap is 40KB/s anyway so i cant tell till midnight if my account has bein sorted.
i really think the cs should be improved at weekends as we all pay over the odds for r broadband from pn due to having things like guarantee of what speed on diffrent protocls we should be getting and i allways thought that if i had a problem like we have had that it would be delt with promptely and not have cs ask me to do a wireshark capture so they can tell alittle bit more what is causing the slow p2p speeds and then have a reply from some one diffrent saying (internal dnt see what we can tell from the capture what is causing the speed cap).
I new all along it was the traffic mangment system capping my p2p speeds if it was anything else causing the slow speeds it wouldnt of bein a constant 40KB/s if it was a firewall ect problem it would of seein varying low speeds may be plusnet cs staff should listen to the end user abit more and we would of sein some action takin on this sooner.
so one of the main reasons i joined pn has not bein delt with the way i thought it would of bein delt with.
one qustion i have got is the person on the old product who has bein subject to speed mangment due to going over 100gb peak/off peak usage.
Does the broadband your way products have a unoffical free usage cap or is the off peak completely unlimted usage?
Mav

Quote from: ASBO
one qustion i have got is the person on the old product who has bein subject to speed mangment due to going over 100gb peak/off peak usage.

I think that is me?
Actually, I wasn't restricted for going over 100GB it was just a CS person getting his facts wrong. I was under 30GB peak and less than 80GB off-peak.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

30+80 > 100

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: AJTWWE
so ur tellin me that there is nothing i can do expect change my product. Well if thats the case then i think it is time to say goodbye to this isp and go to a real isp where i can download as much as i want

I'm sorry to hear that. You do need to consider the commercials though. Both this and this should make good reading.
Considering the money that you pay for your ADSL subscription, you have to agree that the usage you accrue on a monthly basis is far from unreasonable. James has mentioned that whilst the off-peak period is smaller on BBYW, the speeds are indeed much faster. Take a look here and here for a comparison.
It would be sad to see you go, but I fail to see what we can do for you here, without offering you a product that's far from sustainable given the current climate.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Mav

Quote from: axisofevil
30+80 > 100

You miss the point here, axis.
I had a combined usage on Premier 2 of over 100GB and, yes, I was told that that was why I was being restricted. But The CS person who told me that was wrong. I was not on any (extra) restrictions for going over 100GB. It was just that the Level 2 Restrictions for exceeding 25GB had not been removed since midnight Friday. This, plus the other issue combined to give me less than 0.5M off-peak when I usually get 4.5 to 5.2.
There are no extra restrictions above and beyond those stated for each Premier account for having a compined total > 100GB as long as off-peak is less than 30GB.
This is borne out by James' comment to me on page 4.
Hope that makes it clearer  Smiley

AJTWWE
Grafter

Angry
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

100GB+ (home use) seems a hell of a lot of data - are you operating an internet television station?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."