cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed reduction after Engineer visit

lhkn32

Speed reduction after Engineer visit

So my BB has been running really slow,done all the checks and then had an engineer visit today at 1,he said it was up to speed now and left,i wasn't here the wife was,but its actually goning even slower now than before he showed up,will it take a few days to get back up to full speed,but should it really be slowing down even more after he left,he told my wife he fitted a new master socket and filter and thinks we previously may have been affected by the recent storms,thanks
6 REPLIES 6
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Speed reduction after Engineer visit

Hi and thanks for posting,
I've just read what the engineer has done. This all looks quite positive, but the line is still banded. The next step is to remove the banding from the line which should improve the speed for you. Before I do this, I want to see a stable connection though. Baring in mind the recent drops, if the connection gets through the night without any drops, I think it will be safe to arrange this for you tomorrow.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
lhkn32

Thanks,can you please make sure it does get the banding removed as its starting to get a bit annoying not being able watch any sort of video streaming
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm sure it will, the engineer notes seem to suggest a fault has been found and fixed. Whilst I can't guarantee that this will have fix the issue, I'm pretty sure it will.
I've raised a reminder ticket on your account for me to chase this tomorrow.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

It's all happened automatically last night.
Please log into your router, drop the connection and re-authenticate (don't reboot the router) and you should get the new speeds.
Let us know if you have further problems.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
lhkn32

So done as i was asked,disconnected and reconnected,speed even worse again now,its down to 0.1mb,i can just about load a page,time after time im told its fixed and working perfectly,engineer visit yesterday and said it was fine when he left,then it was banding on my line,now its a broadband problem,another engineer visit booked for Saturday,absolutely ridiculous,
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,
Thanks for the update. As it stands, I am not convinced that an engineer is the best route to go down.
Since you created this thread, a PSTN Fault has been resolved, and following this, the line unbanded itself automatically (as it should). Now, your sync rate is good, as is your bRAS profile as well as your profile at our side. You've dropped the connection since I advised to do this just to ensure you get the full throughput.
Therefore, everything should be running OK. Can you provide the full stats from the BT Speedtester but ensure you do this wired as I want to double check all your stats before the engineer visits.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team