cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed reduced again as per every 3 months.

help
Dabbler

Speed reduced again as per every 3 months.

Hi again,
Had problems 3 months ago, (and 3 months before that), which was solved by a reset of the line and an update on my profile. Returned to speeds 10MB+ which was great and seems to hold around there for 2-3months.
However due to lots of drop outs the line speed has reduced again. Currently around 3MB but I want to get ahead of this whilst I can still send messages as last time it decreased until it was at 0.05MB and was unusable to even contact you.
Help please.
6 REPLIES 6
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Speed reduced again as per every 3 months.

Hi,
Do you have any ideas what is causing the line to drop out at all? Had any power cuts for example?
I can reset the line, however, I'd like to find the root cause of the problem before getting things back to normal for you.
help
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
I'm really not sure that we will ever find the problem. I have had the engineer out who tested the line....all fine there.
I now plug directly into the router with ethernet cable although the wireless signal was always 100% but at least that has been ruled out.
Unless you guys want to send a new router and try that.
That only leaves a problem somewhere else/at the exchange.
As I say a reset seems to send me back up the pecking order and I get 10mbps for a few months until it slow sends me back down again over a week period. Last time you reset was November.
There should be a record of previous faults raised and I had a long thread on here with you guys on both previous occasions as well.
P
help
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
Have you reset cos I just jumped back upto just short of 12mbps after a week below 3mbps!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I've just reset the line for you and I've also updated the speed profile set on our systems.
I've placed an order some a change to your profile on our suppliers systems. Given the circumstances, I've removed the ability for DLM to place banding on your line. So, if in, 3 months time your connection starts to drop again, your speeds won't take a hit.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You caught me mid post - I have Smiley
help
Dabbler

Hey that is great. Lets see how it gets on for a bit.
I've got router statslite running so will keep a close eye on speed and effect on that from drop outs.
Thanks!