Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed profile bump required

mefibre
Grafter

Speed profile bump required

Hi,
Although I have been upgraded to fibre to the home, my download speed seems to be capped at around 10 meg.
Could someone please increase it for me?
Thanks in advance!  Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Speed profile bump required

I'd need to check the results of a line test first before doing that but tests are reporting that the connection is down (out of sync)
Is the router turned off at the mo?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mefibre
Grafter

Thanks Adam.
At the moment I have two routers. One is the PPPoA-provisioned TG582n that was connected directly to my phone line (via the microfilter). That router is turned off.
However I am currently connected through the PPPoE-provisioned TG582n, via the BT Openreach modem.
Let me know if you want me to turn the PPPoA one back on.
Thanks
mefibre
Grafter

OK so I called in, and my package has now been changed, but I'm only getting 36MB downstream.
The BT Wholesale checker shows my FTTP line supports up to 330MB down, and the package I'm on should give me 80MB down.
Can the 36MB cap be lifted..?
Thanks!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Just checked your account and the speed was already set to 78000 so there's no caps happening at our end. What does a BT speed test (http://speedtest.btwholesale.com) show?
mefibre
Grafter

Hi Matt
BT Wholesale checker was coming back with 36MB, so I did a disconnect and reconnect thorugh the router web interface... it's now coming back with 76MB.
Not sure why it didn't do that before but thanks very much for investigating.