Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed problems (again)

stefonwade
Grafter

Speed problems (again)

Hi,
So im back again with another tale of speed issues however this time its weird.
Ok so i was on the pro package, good for a month then went rubbish, serious lagg spikes and poor connection. Gave up and switched back to the extra package, even worse. I now cannot play a game anymore yet again. I cant stay on the pro package because i nearly use up the 20gb and i cant have a nasty suprise when i get my bill and i have gone over by too much.
So back now on the extra package and connecting to uk only games on the xbox and guess what im running around on a red bar not even being able to walk through a door without it thinking im walking the opposite direction and off a cliff.
Can someone please tell me whats wrong with my service? I reset the router, worked great for 1 game then back to normal.
Speed test is fine showing im getting 6.80 mb download, 0.28 upload and ping of 27.
Ping test is showing 40 ms

When on the laptop i am constantly connected however i keep getting the message saying your internet is now connected when im reading a page so its like im getting cut off briefly without noticing it.
Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Speed problems (again)

Is your laptop connected to the router wirelessly? That message seems like the laptop wireless taking a nap (to conserve power) then reconnecting when data transfer is needed. Have Plusnet provided a graph showing your router's connection history?
With regard to Plusnet Pro, that product was withdrawn from sale on 19th April as part of the product refresh. It was replaced by a Pro add-in available on Plusnet Value and Extra (as well as on the new Fibre products). This gives the same Pro experience as before but retains the 60GB bandwidth. Cost is £5 per month, making the total the same as for the old Plusnet Pro but with increased bandwidth. See this website page for full details.
Note: if your problem is wireless related I wouldn't expect changing to Pro to improve the situation.
David
stefonwade
Grafter

hi, no i didnt get a graph? the xbox itself is wired into the router which is a seperate issue to the laptop thing and the laptop thing dosnt bother me its really the xbox i use the internet for. dont really know what to try next. i dont see any errors but connecting to friends on private only matches i still get a red bar and thats with a server with only 6 of us, not a lot going on and only being 100 miles away when the host is on virgin superfast broadband and i cant really play online anymore
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your connection logs aren't showing any dropping connections, so it's probably worth doing a BT speed test to see what kind of result you get there: http://speedtester.bt.com
If you post the results of that (ideally when your connection is running slowly on the xbox) we should be able to help further.