cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed problems after switch to Technicolour 582N

breadmore
Dabbler

Re: Speed problems after switch to Technicolour 582N

Thanks everyone for all your help. I've been trying the BT speedtester all day and still the same result, it seems to complete test 1 and then starts to upload the results and it is at this point it fails with the message
"The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider."
At which point for I contact my ISP and through what channel?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This may work http://windows.mouselike.org/be/index.asp?DoAction=BrasChecker but it does take a while for the full result to come through
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

You could try the new BTwholesale test. Once you have done the initial test, click on "Further Diagnostics", enter your phone number and click on "Run Diagnostic Test".
The new test does not use Java, and so issues people have reported with different versions of Java are avoided.
breadmore
Dabbler

Jim, Brian thanks for the tips. The BT wholesale diagnostics site give me the same result as the java one I'm afraid.
The BE link  returns "Looks like BT refused to test, possibly because a speed test or BRAS check has been run recently which prevents this tool from working. Try again in a few hours."
I''ll let it be until the morning and try again.
Alan
breadmore
Dabbler

OK guys I'm still getting the problem of the BT test not running this morning and still got slow speed - what do I do next?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

If you have been using a wireless connection to your router I suggest you retest the speed with a wired connection.  If that makes no difference then it's time to report the problem to Plusnet as a speed fault.
breadmore
Dabbler

Thanks, I'm using wired connection so will report as you suggest.