Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed not improving.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Speed not improving.

I had a 'phone line fault (earth somewhere apparently) which was repaired Monday, 11th.
My master socket faceplate was removed and a corded phone plugged into the test socket, along with my router using a microfilter. Still the same set up using the test socket. ADSL2+
My router(TG582N) stats showed and still show View more...Uptime: 1 day, 16:04:35 Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 888 / 5.515 but my download speed is hovering just under and just over 4 mb/s surely this should be higher? Prior to the line faults, yes it's happened twice, same fault, my download was about 4.6 mb/s for a similar router figure. My upload speed seems to have deteriorated a bit too.
Has something stuck somewhere in the system? Or might there be still something not quite right with my line?
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Speed not improving.

Hi NAT,
Can you please post the usual stats as per the speed issues thread - link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Speed not improving.

Hi newagetraveller,
that bandwidth down of 5515 - sync speed, should give you an IP Profile of 4.86 and a Current Line Speed of 4.8.
It's possible that it had been lower due to the fault but should now have updated.  Has your speed improved?  Try a speedtest at off peak times to be sure any congestion isn't having any effect.