cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed keeps dropping very low

richardm86
Dabbler

Speed keeps dropping very low

Normally speed is around 1.5Mbps but keeps dropping out to around 0.5Mbps which is very very slow and annoying.
I have attached screen shot of BT speed test done through my laptop.
Also attached is history of speed tests done with my iphone through the wifi, which is pretty much the same as what I've been getting with laptop plugged in to router.  The bottom fast one is what I get on Orange's 3G mobile network. Rest are through wifi sitting in same room as router.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Speed keeps dropping very low

Hi there,
I've just been running a few checks for you, it looks like a previous bout of disconnections has caused the IP profile to lower. I've submitted an SNR reset for you which means that the connection will be banded between 2 and 3mb which is actually appropriate to the sync speed of your line.
Please give it 24 hours and see how things go, give me a shout if things are no better after that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
richardm86
Dabbler

Thanks, I just run another speed test and its now going at 2.82Mbps which is great Cheesy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

its now going at 2.82Mbps which is great

Cheesy really glad to see that so soon, do keep an eye on things as the line will settle down over the next 24 hours and you might notice a slight change in speeds from there but it's looking good so far.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team