cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issues today, loss of service

pictish
Grafter

Speed issues today, loss of service

Today at lunchtime I lost all service,  after about 30 minutes  and several phonecalls the plusnet guy gets back to me and says there is problems in the north of england, I pointed out up way further north than that and he said there might be problems up there too but did not give me any more info or an eta on a fix., he then gave me a new passsword as mine didnt match the new security levels, on putting in the new password  I instantly get connected again but have been running at around 69kbps download speed and the same upload speed. I have tried several checkers including plusnets own one and they all give around the same speed I normally get around 3-4k kbps.
Is there still an ongoing problem up north as I cant see any announcements anywhere and I would have thought there would be some people on the forum if it was effecting everyone in the north of england and the whole of scotland.
11 REPLIES 11
pictish
Grafter

Re: Speed issues today, loss of service

ah finally got service page to load, still issues as of 3 hours ago
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

According to this http://status.aaisp.net.uk/ there are problems in the Edinburgh area. Depends what was meant by 'up north', I've certainly not seen any problems in the Manchester area.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pictish
Grafter

Bt say whole of scotland and north of england on their site, plusnet say scotland and cumbria as of 3pm but both say issues with connecting im connected but now getting only 60-100kbps speed download
pictish
Grafter

plusnet phone message now says london,midlands and scotland
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Scotland customer here and I've not lost broadband the whole day!
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
pictish
Grafter

forgot to add the issues reported are only with upto 8 service 20cn
tonycollinet
Grafter

From the service status.
BT Major Service Outage in the North fo England
BT have made us aware of a major service outage in the North of England, mainly the Scotland area

Plusnet *do* realise that Scotland isn't part of the north of England don't they?   Roll_eyes
Just anticipating our brothers over the border spitting feathers, and woading up.  Cheesy
MrT
Grafter

No problems with my 8Mb 20CN service in the Midlands - so far!!
pictish
Grafter

the first guy I got at lunchtime didnt seam to know where scotland was but the guy I have just spoken too did, there is def still issues as he couldnt run some of his tests and when he did get them to work it told them I wasnt online/connected which I was. Hopefully the speeds will return to normal once bt are finished working on the problems
SnailSnot

NE Scotland here, connection practically useless. Download 40Kbps, upload 141Kbps, been like this since this morning i believe. Sad
pictish
Grafter

N east furryboots area here too so good to know its everyone then and not just me, your speeds are slightly better than mine on teh upload