cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issues again.

rfowles
Grafter

Speed issues again.

This has happened several times over the last few months, were back down to 500kbps and no amount of rebooting of the router has resolved it so far!
Our u/n is rfowles, id be grateful if someone could suggest something? I don't fancy sitting in a queue on the phone yet again!
Thanks. Rob
11 REPLIES 11
rfowles
Grafter

Re: Speed issues again.

BT speedtest info Smiley
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    IP profile for your line is - 750 kbps
    DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)  4512 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 428 kbps
rfowles
Grafter

How long should it take for the profile to go back up? I have unplugged the modem and its now running through the test socket but at the same speeds.  Undecided
scootie
Grafter

hi rfowles. ive bein in your shoes a few times being profiled by bt down as low as 250.
depending on what your router is now syncing at (if its a bt voyager then type 192.168.1.1 in add bar) and go to advanced menu, status, broadband line.
this will tell u what your router is currently syncing at. if it stays synced at this rate your bt profile will update to this in about 3days. yes 3days u can tell your dealing with bt with a wait like that lol
for what bt will profile your line at from the speed your router is synced at try this page.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/faqs_and_guides/dslmax_guide.shtml
o and have u found out what caused your sync speed to drop so much.

scootie
Grafter

sorry pal just seen your bt speed test if you stay synced at that speed for next 3days then you may get a speed of 4mb but defo get 3.5mb.
rfowles
Grafter

Syncing @ 4352 Kbps so im presuming it will eventually get back up to that. The problem is that itll be running fast for a few weeks then drop really low for a few days then eventually go back up. But for the first few months on Max we never had these issues.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Do the low syncs coincide with particular weather phenomena, lots of rain or strong winds? Does your phone sound crackly at these times?
David
rfowles
Grafter

No there doesnt seem to be any logical pattern that i can see.
scootie
Grafter

what router do u have rfowles ive got the free voyger 210 and i use a tool called dmt does a few things like being able to set your snr but when ive had few bleeps in sync speed i use the snr mointor and logs over a prierod of time how much your snr is moving about.
dmt works with quite a few routers.
if you do give dmt a try there is a hidden menu to set your snr but be cafeful as it can mess your bt line profile up as well as improving it if u move the slider the wrong way.
rfowles
Grafter

we have a Linksys WAG54GS with the latest firmware.
Would be grateful for any info about this tool etc.
scootie
Grafter

http://dmt.mhilfe.de/ this is where to download dmt from its in german but when you install it gives you english option.
You want v8.07 for your Linksys WAG54GS.
James
Grafter

I don't think that the DMT tool is going to help with sync drops to be fair.
Unless you're contemplating setting the noise margin higher, it could potentially prevent sync drops from occurring.
I'd make sure of the usual things, ensure that you are connecting via the master socket and try using a different filter.