cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issues ...again

khaled35
Rising Star

Speed issues ...again

Well, about 2.5 months ago I had some severe speed issues that took upwards of 3 weeks to resolve.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,107082.msg914215.htm
Once the issue was resolved, I will say that I was very happy with the service.  That is until the 3rd December.  My connection continuously dropped every few seconds and I finally had an engineer  visit on the 7th.  He came in, changed some wires, made some calls and away I went at my usual 3.50 - 4 Mbps.
Until today ....
Download speed achieved during the test was - 0.79 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.8 Mbps-2 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 1.47 Mbps
The same engineer told me that my line from the cabinet tests brilliantly to the exchange at 9db SNR (no faults at over 5km) while the 350 meters to my house at the same 9db throws thousands of FEC errors per second.  So I've been set at 12db which has ALWAYS been stable for me since that last engineer visit in August.
I can't even log into the new Plusnet router I'm using because putting in the SN off the back as the password just doesn't work.  Hence, I can't share any stats with anyone.
Regards
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Speed issues ...again

Really sorry to hear that you're having problems with this again, I can see that we've identified an issue at least so I'll make sure our faults team address that with our suppliers today for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
khaled35
Rising Star

And now I have total loss of connectivity!!!  Things just keep getting better! Smiley
Adam, my issue is the time it takes really.  Last week when I had issues, I was meant to be working from home so I could spend time with my family but had to go into the office every day (except Friday when the engineer visited).  It takes anywhere from 24-72 hours for your faults team to even get in touch with me and ask a few questions and then they need 48-72 hours to "run tests" and then they call back up if I'm lucky and tell me they'll call back in 10 minutes to book an engineer visit and fail to call back.
When your service works, it works exceptionally! On the occasions when I have had to call your support team, for the most part they all seemed very keen to help which is an enormous plus.  However, god forbid you have a fault that cannot be resolved with a few mouse clicks! As referenced in my link in the first message, it's a lottery! You will get sorted within a week or 3 weeks!  In this day and age, who really stays unconnected for that length of time?
I'd really like to think that I'll be back up and running at some point today but I know the drill now ... I have a frustrating wait ahead of me!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

To be realistic faults can and do take time to resolve I'm afraid. However I am sorry if we've broken any promises we've made to you.
I'll speak to someone now to get this picked up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
khaled35
Rising Star

Adam, I am ever the realist! I did wait 3 weeks for an issue to be resolved remember?
All I'm saying is, for someone who had an issue on the 3rd of December and has already played the whole waiting game to hear back from someone at your faults team, had an engineer visit and has had to call on support again just 3 or 4 days after the engineer visit, there would be a faster path to resolution instead of making me start from scratch. Maybe you have this system in place for a reason; I don't claim to know the logic behind the policy.  All I know is that I will now be without an internet connection for another week just  4 days after I had an engineer visit.
Regards,
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
To be realistic faults can and do take time to resolve I'm afraid. However I am sorry if we've broken any promises we've made to you.
I'll speak to someone now to get this picked up for you.

Hightower69
Dabbler

I know exactly where you are coming from, I'm having the same problems, since July
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We certainly don't wish or intend to delay the resolution of anyone's fault or make it feel like a hassle to report a previous issue that's returned as I believe has happened in your case. Doing that does often mean that we have to raise a new report with our suppliers but I'm conscious at that point we could have possibly set a better expectation with you and perhaps applied more urgency.
To be honest at this stage no one could state how long the connection would be down for, however a faults agent is dealing with this right now for you so that should expedite the next step in investigating this fault for you and make sure the downtime is kept to a minimum.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
khaled35
Rising Star

Adam, I don't want to seem ungrateful, so firstly, let me thank you for expediting this step of the process.  I am extremely grateful.
Having said that, when I called last night and reported this (I don't see any indication of a ticket being created for this call), and when I called this morning, why did the people on the other end of the phone not do exactly what you've done?  "Oh, I see you've had this issue for a while, let me fast track this for you so we can get it resolved quicker."
I had to come to this forum and am lucky enough to have had my issue picked up by you with an understanding of where I am coming from:
Doing that does often mean that we have to raise a new report with our suppliers but I'm conscious at that point we could have possibly set a better expectation with you and perhaps applied more urgency.

Incidentally, I still don't see any tickets open with regards to my calls last night and this morning. The only way I know this is being handled is because you've told me a faults agent is looking into it.  In the past, I have always had feedback via text and your ticketing system when I report an issue.
Hightower - I feel your pain mate! Hopefully get it all sorted soon for the both of us.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi khaled35,
Your Fault Ticket is next on my list. Sorry for the delay. I will be in touch shortly.
Edit: Ah, looks like my colleague Mark has beaten me to it! Mark will be in touch shortly to arrange for an engineers visit. FYI, your Fault Ticket Reference is: 62930476.
Hightower69
Dabbler

Looks like your getting somewhere, fingers crossed!