cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issue

zoeirwin

Speed issue

heloo... it took me a couple of minutes for this page to upload so you can guess what my issue is about.. for the last 3 days this has been the case - i too have flagged this issue and have been given more "room" but the issue has returned.. I dont have spare router to try out.. can i also get one from you plusnet moderators.. to see if it is a router issue?  and/or a cable(s) to test directly in to the master socket and devices.. you would think you would supply these as part of the 'service'.

on another note but related , if it is a line issue would getting  fibre  connection make no difference to speed from the adsl i have now?

many thanks - sorry for jumping in on this thread.. but this dodgy connection hasnt  allowed the easiest of navigation

Moderators Note: Tweaked topic title.

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Speed

Moderators Note

This topic has been split from another thread to help staff and give better visibility. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Speed issue

Hi @zoeirwin 

Our tests are showing your connection dropping heavily and your line speeds restricted at 0.2mbps as a result. I'd also say the next step is to try another router, I'd recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 to discuss this as we may need to recontract you in order to send a replacement out free of charge.

Alternatively if you prefer you'd be free to buy your own router and set it up using the details found Here.

Once you've got a new router setup, I'd then recommend letting us know so we can reset your line to remove the speed restriction and then monitor your connection. If things start to drop or the speed issues re-occur and if your router is connected into the test socket as explained Here we'd need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

The necessary cables for you to plug your router into the test socket are provided with any router we send out as per Here. All you'll need is the grey DSL(internet) cable and a microfilter.

I've updated your fault ticket Here with this information and with details to progress the fault to an engineer if needed.

on another note but related , if it is a line issue would getting  fibre  connection make no difference to speed from the adsl i have now?

It's difficult to say as it would depend on what and where the issue lies.

Let us know how the above steps go.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
zoeirwin

thanks for replying to my issue ,

ive tested it with a new micro filter and cable supplied by you as part of a new router . problem still persists..

i can test with new router only when the already delayed activation date  for fibre extra goes live.

My question is could another plusnet service have taken the available line bandwith in my building? We have 3 lines and i think all are supplied by you? Is that how it works , an egineer comes out to connect and new service, and gives the new client more room? Problem started two weeks ago.. Have you made any new connections to my address in that time? Just curious..

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @zoeirwin, I can see that  your fibre extra should go live tomorrow, any point up to midnight. Just to note, the Hub One router is compatible with an ADSL service and therefore you can connect this now however, before we progress with the fault would wait until you are live on Fibre so we can see if the same issue persists.

In relation to the lines connected to your address, this likely isn't the cause of the issue

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team