Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed has dropped after move

TomP
Grafter

Speed has dropped after move

HI all,
Recently moved from the Sgts Mess to a house on the same camp. I used to get around 512kbps for downloads but am now getting around 300kbps

I have tried to use the BT Speedtester site and when asking for an e-mail I have tried all variations of my e-mail to receive the message 'The login name entered on this tool doesnt match that discovered by querying the network for your domain name. Please check your telephone number (or user name) and try again. If problem persists please contact your CP. '.
Any ideas on why there is a sudden drop or why I can't log onto the speedtester?
Regards
Tom
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Speed has dropped after move

its not the e-mail name that you want its the ID that you set the router with i.e. <username>@plus.net or f9.co.uk or freeonline.net, not sure what the plus net one is as I am on free online and PN have used plusdl.net, plusnet.co.uk as well
MickKi
Grafter

Probably it is: <username>@plusdsl.net
TomP
Grafter

That was what I was after Mick. Thanks.
Results are...
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 800 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 350 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 89 kbps
Why is my downstream 800kbps but my IP profile is 350?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Have a read of this for an explanation of how Max DSL works, if you keep syncing at 800 you'll see your throughput speed increase after around 3 days.
link:speed
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.