cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed getting slower

copperpot26
Dabbler

Speed getting slower

Hi, been with PN since January this year & not had any real problems with the service apart from over the last month or so i had noticed my speed has been decreasing.
I was getting 9.32mb down for the first month or two, but only getting about 4.50mb down now. My connection has been stable as far as i can tell ( no disconnects that i've noticed ), i have on a few occasions turned off the router, as was having xbox live issues, which fixed the problem.
Im using my own router that i bought new in january, its a TP-Link model no. TD-W8960N.
If someone from PN could have a look into it for me that would be great. Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Speed getting slower

what do the routers stats say if you post them here we can see if anything stands out 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Sorry to hear about the issue.
I've just took some time to run diagnostics and do some checks on your details and that hasn't revealed an obvious cause.
I'd go ahead and raise a fault anyway: http://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
copperpot26
Dabbler

Hi adam & Terranova667, thanks for quick reply much appreciated.
I will raise a fault & see how that goes, Thanks again.
@ Terranova667 i dont no how to look at or post router stats, never done it before.  Smiley
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@ copperpot26 - your TP-LINK is a different model to mine, but you basically just need to log in to the GUI and the figures are right there. Open a new tab in your browser, and navigate to http://192.168.1.1/ and you'll see something similar to the attached page: