Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed fault - ticket not read properly by CSC Agents

snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Speed fault - ticket not read properly by CSC Agents

Is it normal these days to get responses from CSC Agents that show they haven't read my messages properly?
I had problems with faults.plus.net getting the message "This fault checker is for ADSL products only. Please use the Help Assistant to report a problem with your account.", and then got told to use it again.  I plugged my router into the BT Master Socket with a different microfilter in response to the first reply, and now have just been told to do this.
All of which gives me very little confidence that my speed problem is being dealt with properly (ticket #35013209).
Miraculously today my speed has jumped up, but the replies from CSC Agents haven't said they've done anything.  I'd already waited over a week for any automatic profile adjustment to kick in, before I reported my fault.  So why has it happened now?
Martin
9 REPLIES 9
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Speed fault - ticket not read properly by CSC Agents

Hi Martin,
I have performed some maintenance on you account, details of which you will find on the ticket which I have just updated for you.
Jojo Smiley
Lorenzo48
Grafter

I have complained about this on numerous occasions to CSC on the phone.
They only appear to read your new reply not the whole thread, I did not get an answer on whether this was policy or unrealistic time/performance pressure to meet response times.
Not being able to see the tickets or workload on that side it's hard to critisise, but is an element of frustration and one of my main reasons for leaving PN.
You have to come to the forum to get a good resolution.

If the management say you have to reply to 30 tickets in 60 minutes (for example) then what ya gonna do?  Undecided
That's the problem with targets, as long as the graphs look good the brass are happy while the poor CS Staff suffer and take the flak.
All this is assumption of course, I am sure JoJo will spill the beans - career path permitting  Wink
snozboz
Rising Star

I take it this means there's no point asking for an explanation of what happened versus what should have happened...?
It looks like JoJo's intervention has solved my speed problem.  But I'm left in the dark feeling frustrated and disappointed about how my problem was dealt with.  Is bringing problems to the forum now the only way to get proper action?
Martin
hadden
Grafter

I thought I'd remind myself of the quality of responses to my completed tickets by looking over previous ones, as my lasting impression is similar to yours regarding the quality of the initial response. This usually puts me off raising a ticket unless I really have to (mission accomplished I suppose Wink ).
Upon review I see that about half had a satisfactory response, a few seemed to die off and remainder were profile issues.
I no longer have access to some of the daft responses I've seen, as the ticket archive only seems to go back to January 2008. However here are a couple of my responses to CS initial responses...
Fortunately I don't stay upset for long...
[quote= 07/03/2010]Hi
OK, another ping pong question session Sad
I am disappointed that instead of answering my question directly you chose to tease me by saying that the answer is hidden somewhere within a topic of over 400 posts!
[quote=02/02/2010]Earth to CSC "Analyst"...
Please take you finger off the auto-reply button and repair the broken profile.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi snozboz,
I can only apologise that the issue wasn't spotted by the agents who dealt with it earlier, but I have fed this back to their team leaders to make sure this doesn't happen again.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@ Lorenzo48 & JohnJ,
I'm sure there are times when the responses are not what you would deem useful and there are protocols in place for us to make sure the agents that don't provide customer satisfaction receive the correct coaching and development for us to continue our award winning service. We don't profess to be perfect but we will certainly go to great lengths to assure customer satisfaction.
Jojo Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

but we will certainly go to great lengths to assure customer satisfaction.

yes indeed, they got JoJo back here Cool Cool
snozboz
Rising Star

Quote from: Joanne
I can only apologise that the issue wasn't spotted by the agents who dealt with it earlier, but I have fed this back to their team leaders to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Thank you for the apology.
What was the issue?
I would very much like an explanation of what the CSC agents did, what they should have done, and what the problem actually was that was solved by JoJo's intervention, and what JoJo's intervention was.
A general point that this specific situation illustrates: as a customer, I can accept many problems and mistakes IF I get quick, clear, frequent, comprehensive communication that shows that the service provider is truly listening.  Even though my speed problem seems to have been resolved, I haven't yet had the communication I want.
Martin
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi snozboz,
It's hard to explain in great detail as it would require knowledge of our internal systems. There are speed profiles set on your account that can be easily overlooked by newer agents, hence why I have fed back to their team leaders. Sometimes there can be an awful lot to check and only with experience can you spot these issues more quickly.
Jojo Smiley