cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drops and DIY/electrical work, linked?

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Speed drops and DIY/electrical work, linked?

over the last few weekends ive been carrying out a bit of work on the household electrical system - nothing major, just replacing a few damaged sockets,  adding double sockets in place of singles, and changing a few light fittings etc etc.
As i prefer to be safe I have been disconnecting the mains supply when required, and as a result my router is going on and off with the power.

However the following day my connection speed drops - ive tried re-booting my router ( turing it on/off ) but that has no effect, is this normal, and how can it be prevented?
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Speed drops and DIY/electrical work, linked?

Hi there,
There's no way to prevent this happening i'm afraid as it's the way broadband is intended to work. I.e speeds will drop if disconnections are seen.
However, I've submitted a line reset (SNR reset) which should hopefully return you back to normal speeds within a few hours.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pint
Aspiring Pro

Thnaks, ive just checked the conection settings/high speed broadband in the member centre/portal is this normal?
Estimated line speed:
    14Mb (This may vary between 8Mb and 18.5Mb) - Checked on 2013-01-27 10:28:15
Current line speed:
    6.7 Mb
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It look's like your profile has now bumped itself up, have you seen an increase?