cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed dropping big time.

furrymunkey
Grafter

Speed dropping big time.

Not a happy bunny. I have changed nothing...same PC, same ethernet cable, everything exactly the same as when I first got fibre installed a few weeks ago. Connection was fine and I had download speeds of 70mb minimum. Now my connection has dropped by around 20mb. Really not acceptable...
Download speedachieved during the test was - 51.28 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-77.44 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 77.44 Mbps
13 REPLIES 13
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Speed dropping big time.

What does Current line speed say here?
David
furrymunkey
Grafter

Phone exchange:
    FRASERBURGH
Estimated line speed:
    76Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2013-07-18 16:08:33
Current line speed:
    77.4 Mb
furrymunkey
Grafter

Day three and it's dropping even more. Getting to be a joke really!!
Download speed achieved during the test was - 47.06 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 16 Mbps-77.44 Mbps .
Additional Information:
furrymunkey
Grafter

Whatever happened to getting some help on here???.......no support on here and still no answers to my fault ticket. Getting ridiculous!!!
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Monday is often a busy time for the DC team dealing with weekend stuff.
I'm sure they'll get to you soon.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
picbits
Rising Star

I had similar when I first joined.
I logged onto the router and did a disconnect then powered down the BT Modem for a few minutes, then I powered it back up, waited 5 minutes then powered the router back up.
I had to do this a few times in the first few months but mine seems pretty stable now.
furrymunkey
Grafter

Download speed achieved during the test was - 44.3 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 16 Mbps-77.44 Mbps .
Additional Information:

I really wish I had gone with sky now.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

everyone uses bt's equipment so no matter what isp your with you wont achieve higher peek time downloads unless the provisioning for your area changes (that means BT provide enough backhaul to give better throughput) if your sync speed drops you have something to worry about, but temporary dips in bandwidth available are normal, indeed unless it goes below a throughput of 15megs down and 1 meg up your only noticeable difference is a download will take slightly longer, and if you have 8 users online then web browsing might suffer from stuttering....
nothing much can be done about that mind you unless BT provide more hardware to cope with all the fibre product there selling, also its not the speed that's dropping its the bandwidth, if the speed was changing your sync speed would be lower ....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
furrymunkey
Grafter

Nice info but that doesn't help my case....Crap speeds now and NO support whatsoever.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, it looks like there's still a few questions you need to answer in the faults wizard before the ticket is submitted to our team? If you could finish running through that I'll see what I can do about getting the line tested for you.
furrymunkey
Grafter

So why is it that support have ignored my fault ticket that I first submitted on the 13th??.....If they needed and further info then they should have responded instead of ignoring. I have responded to the ticket 3 times and yet to hear a reply for support. Only positive action you have taken is to censor my post....is the word PATHETIC acceptable????Huh
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: furrymunkey
I have responded to the ticket 3 times and yet to hear a reply for support. ?Huh

Every time you "bump" a ticket, it goes to the back of the queue - this could explain why you haven't had a reply.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Sorry for the wait, your ticket has been updated.