Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drop

dannystokie
Grafter

Speed drop

hi
I had FTTC installed on Friday but
Everything is great except that at around 11pm to like 2 am my download drops from a steady 74 Mbps to 52 Mbps but my upload stays exactly the same at around 17.80 Mbps
Any idea whats going on there?
13 REPLIES 13
dannystokie
Grafter

Re: Speed drop

here is my usual speed during the day up until about 10pm (roughly) then it tends to correct itself at 12:30 to 1:30 am (roughly)
Normal Speed:

Speed betwen 10pm - 1:00 am:

It does not lag, in fact Pings are exactly the same, but this happened every night so far and just gets me wondering?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi dannystokie,
Something sounds a bit strange here. Can you raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net so that our faults team can take a look at things for you? It looks as though the previous fault ticket has somehow got closed.
dannystokie
Grafter

Hi Chris
Ive raised a fault now and completed everything it asked.
I feel stupid raising a fault, how can complain at it dropping to 52  Mbps when some arent even getting 2 Mbps
Smiley
It doesn't seem like a fault with my line/equipment, it happens at the same time every night which kind of points to at an issue with BTO equipment or a gateway maybe?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dannystokie,
I know what you're saying, but if it's lower than what it should be, we should be looking at it for you Smiley
It could a port issue at the cabinet or an issues between the cabinet and your distribution point. Either way, Our faults team will look at every avenue possible in getting this resolved.
If you need anything in the mean time or whilst the fault is ongoing, feel free to give me a shout.
dannystokie
Grafter

The strange thing is I am the first person on the cabinet, I thought peak time congestion (because it happens at same time) but can't be congestion if im the only guy on it? Cheesy Cheesy
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quite right, could a port issue at the cabinet though, they can cause problems from time to time.
dannystokie
Grafter

It says circuit error on the ticket, is that a problem or not?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No, that's fine. It just means that the Circuit ID we have set on our systems conflicts with that on our suppliers systems.
A member of the faults team will pick it up and test it manually and sort out the Circuit ID mismatch too.
dannystokie
Grafter

It dropped about 10;20 pm tonight for about 20 mins to 60 Mbps, then went back to normal since, weird haha.
dannystokie
Grafter

Still no update on the ticket? everything ok?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It's all fine and in the correct team's ticket pool, I'd be very surprised indeed if it wasn't updated tomorrow if not later tonight.
dannystokie
Grafter

Still no update.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry for the delay. Our suppliers are having a few issues with their systems at the moment.
I've given one of my colleagues a nudge to work your ticket once everything is back up and running.