Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drop

richardjh
Grafter

Speed drop

Hi,
I normally get around 71-74Mbps download, but my speeds have dropped really low, carried out a BT test, and showing  37.48 Mbps as
Max Achievable Speed, and my current speed is 32.04 Mbps.  Has my profile somehow changed?  I'm not really happy with over a 50% drop in speed.  32Mbs is not going to get me anywhere...
Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Speed drop

Have you tried the BT speedtest further diagnostics to see what the IP profile is
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

And check your PN profile here - https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
32Mbps is still super fast broadband and far superior to what the vast majority can get.  Where do you want to goto that you cannot get to at 32Mbos?  I can get everywhere on just 5Mbps.  Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

danielpaulscott

Blimey mate, you're lucky!  Mine dropped to 0.25Mbps yesterday from a usual speed of 4-8Mbps.  Can't get 32Mbps out here in the wilds of Norfolk without a satellite down-link.  Hope you get it sorted though if you're paying for a faster speed than you're getting ;o)
richardjh
Grafter

BTW test is showing my line profile as "IP Profile for your line is - 37.48 Mbps".
PlusNet is showing my Current line speed:34 Mb.
I generally download a couple of hundred GB a month, hit nearly 1.1TB last month - am I being punished?  Don't think I could survive on the current speed :(.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Something has caused the speed to drop and it isn't Plusnet
You need to raise a speed fault at https://faults.plus.net
richardjh
Grafter

Raised a fault ticket last night, and the next action is due to take place next Tuesday....not happy having to wait so long for support...
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

You're not awaiting a response from the Support Team at the moment. When a Fault Ticket is created, various tests are run on your line, if a fault is found, we automatically report it to our suppliers. Our suppliers retest the line and if they also find an issue external to your property they'll automatically send out an engineer (which is what they've done in this case).
I would expect an engineer to be out either today or tomorrow, which is why your ticket has been put on hold to allow time for this to happen.
richardjh
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the update.  BTOR engineer called and advised problem has been fixed, ran a speed test, but unfortunately no change Sad
Hopefully it will raise up over the next few days. 
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just nudged your Speed Profile up, if you log into your router and 'Disconnect' and 'Connect' that should solve the problem.
The engineer that went out found a fault at one of the Copper Joints, that was fixed and a DLM Reset was carried out.
richardjh
Grafter

Thanks again for you help Chris, but my speed is still less that it was previously - just a quick edit to this - its stabled now.  Thanks.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem.
Let us know if the speeds become a problem again.