cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drop yet again...

chazric
Dabbler

Speed drop yet again...

Back with the same problem I had only a few months ago where my IP profile gets capped from 7.5 mbps to 1.75. I remember a  few who helped me said it was due to the amount of disconnections on the line that made it unstable. Then PN reset my line the next day which resolved the problem until now. But I was thinking could the bad weather that the UK's been hit with be a possible cause as when I got my line reset a couple of months back it was perfectly fine up until the past few days when the weather arrived. My Thomson router is on pretty much all the time, I have already done the tests with the BT diagnostics tool which is how I found out my IP profile had been capped. So I was hoping to get the attention of the tech support guys on here to take a look at my line and reset it if possible. Huh
Many thanks.
Brad Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Speed drop yet again...

I would also file a fault if I was you, it will probably get a faster response.
chazric
Dabbler

Many thanks for the reply. The line seems to have sorted itself out now, unless pn have reset it. I've been thinking about what could have been the cause of these disconnections and I remembered, every time the telephone cable is plugged into the back of our sky + HD box the broadband gets messed up, probably the cause of the disconnections. For now we have to leave it unplugged. I'm just wanting to ask why and how to resolve the issue as until about a few months ago the sky box had the cable plugged in all the time with the broadband uninterrupted. Huh
Many thanks.
Brad. Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Is the telephone cable that plugs into the Sky Box correctly microfiltered? If so have you tried a different filter to check the current one isn't faulty?
Guide to installing microfilters here.
David
David
markm9
Grafter

If you are out of your sky contract (12 months), you need not have sky box plugged into phone socket, from reading around these boxes interfere quite a bit with bband connections!
chazric
Dabbler

Quote from: spraxyt
Is the telephone cable that plugs into the Sky Box correctly microfiltered? If so have you tried a different filter to check the current one isn't faulty?
Guide to installing microfilters here.
David

Many thanks for the fast replies.
It seems there was a possible fault with the current micro-filter after replacing it, which has seemed to have fixed the issue. Now I can browse with the cable still plugged into the Sky box. Again, thanks for the help.
Thanks. Brad. Smiley