cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drop following disconnections

adagio
Grafter

Speed drop following disconnections

On Friday 4th July roughly between the hours of 07.45 to 09.30 I suffered a series of disconnections to my FTTC service. Possibly this was linked to http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=adsldial Broadband Connectivity (81882) - NEW. For the following two days my speed dropped from the normal 56/16 to 32/9.
It recovered yesterday and today the results are :=
1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 50.71 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 13.86 Mbps
Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

Speeds seem somewhat reduced from previous very stable situation. My current line speed as reported on the portal is 52.4Mb. As you can see above BT Wholesale cannot seem to be able to report my profile.
Can anything be done to restore the status quo please?
2 REPLIES 2
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Speed drop following disconnections

Hi adagio,
Your current line profile(set by the DLM) is 33M-67M Downstream, Interleaving Off - 10M-19M Upstream, Interleaving Off and your sync speed is at 54.2Mb/s. So, the DLM is not restricting your line speed, it may be worth during daylight hours to try a reset of your modem, other than that it is a case of leaving it to it's own devices to see if it improves.
adagio
Grafter

Re: Speed drop following disconnections

Thanks Chris for your prompt reply - will do as you suggest.