cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed down 75% & no dial tone - can't get hold of support - HELP!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Speed down 75% & no dial tone - can't get hold of support - HELP!

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've booked you in for 28/11/18 between 8am and 1pm.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
paulh
Rising Star

OK - very polite & friendly engineer turned up at 08:30 and had it diagnosed and fixed in under an hour.

As suspected, window fitters had played "tug of war" (as the engineer put it) with the incoming cable. 

So, now got dialtone, but of course BB is still stuck down at 5MB until DLM sorts it out ... but anything you can do to speed that process up will be appreciated Smiley

I expect that this will be chargeable but as the builders have agreed to pay the charge, that's OK - but in the meantime, how will the charge be made?

Will it be invoiced or will it be tacked on to my direct debit?

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @paulh, that's great to hear. I've reset the profile and DLM back to where it should be for you and if you reboot the router you should see the speeds back around the 20Mbps mark. We aren't entirely certain there will be a charge at this point but will find out within the following 90 days after your appointment date. By all means if this charge does occur you'd be sent the details via email within the 90 days and the charge added to your following invoice.