cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed difficulty

Danglese
Grafter

Speed difficulty

Hi, I recently open a ticket detailing problems that I've been having with my broadband connection speed i.e. after having upgraded my computer( previous speed was above 2000kbps)rebooted my router a few times, my speed has been throttled back to 450 kbps and is stuck there, even though I have been online continuously for more than a week without any disconnections, the response from the ticketing team I presume was automated since I was advised to check my connections etc, run bt speedtester 3 times(which I have done)and all the other things which would not unstuck bRAS profile.So, atm my incoming connection speed is 1952kbps, but actual speedtest connection is 450kbps. Please give this post your due attention, Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Speed difficulty

what IP rate did the BT speedtester give
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Your BT profile went down and then picked up again.  You'll need to reboot your hardware to pick up the speeds again.
Danglese
Grafter

Hi, have rebooted, have a connection speed of 1699 kbps and speedtest of 1400 kbps greatly improved, thanks. Should I keep on rebooting until speed increases more?p.s. ip thoroughput on line is 1500kbps
James
Grafter

A daily reboot might be an idea.  Hopefully your connection speed will improve, allowing your speeds to also increase.
Danglese
Grafter

Cheers for that, your reply is greatly appreciated, thanks again