cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed decrease

suebuckby
Grafter

Speed decrease

Hey guys, just a little question on why my speed has drastically dropped. Supposedly getting 66Down and 20Up but at the moment we're barely getting past 12down (Upload seems to be fine). Is it being capped due to peak times?
11 REPLIES 11
englishrick
Grafter

Re: Speed decrease

What exchange are you on Sue, check here http://community.plus.net/exchange-information/
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not seeing any slowdowns in profile, though the one on the BT side that we can see hasn't been updated since the 6th. That's actually good news though, it means the sync rate hasn't changed from what it was at then - dead on 80000 Smiley
What speed does a BT speed test show?
suebuckby
Grafter

Current BT Speedtest results;
Download Speed (Mbps): 8.66
Upload Speed (Mbps): 16.22
Ping Latency (ms): 20.25
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just tested the line and it's confirmed your results above, so the TAP1 test has failed. If you could please go back to the BT speed tester and run the TAP3 test, which will mean changing the username and password in your router (this will all be explained on the speedtester site) that'll give us grounds to raise the fault for you, hope that's alright?
suebuckby
Grafter

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Download Speed
5.3 Mbps

0 Mbps 77.44 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 5.3 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 61.95 Mbps-77.44 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 77.44 Mbps
2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.
Upload Speed
0.01 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.01Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

Your service was found to be performing poorly.
Please raise a fault with your service provider, stating that the BT Performance Tester tool indicates poor service throughput performance after the third test.
suebuckby
Grafter

Supposed to be getting a call in 15 minutes? It has passed that already. The download speeds are worse than before we got fibre! Barely able to reach 4Mb now.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about the delay, I was talking to our suppliers to try and resolve the system issue that's preventing us from booking the appointment and did call as soon as that was done. I'll call back tomorrow when this should be resolved and we'll be able to get it booked in for you.
suebuckby
Grafter

Matt, when on the Xbox One doing an advanced network detail it states that the download is between 33-38Mb but when I do a speed test we're still getting under 14?
picbits
Rising Star

Are you using a wired connection to the router or a wireless connection ?
suebuckby
Grafter

Matt, was informed that we'd be getting a date today as to when an engineer shall be arriving?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, just checked the fault and was able to book the engineer for you - I've updated the ticket, but the first available slot was booked as requested - that's tomorrow morning (Saturday 18th) between 8am and 1pm, hope it gets things sorted for you.