cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed complaint.......................NOT !!

Tomplus73
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Speed complaint.......................NOT !!

I'm on the  Value package,which normall delivers about 6.2 Mbps,ok no worries. Sometimes,  it might creep up to nearly or about 7 Mbps. Infact last couple of weeks it has been nudging 7.
Anyway,this am,thought  I'd do another test,................................................I'm now getting 12 + Shocked
Ive now done the test on several testing sites,and they all say "12-13" Ms...................I'm assuming theres a fault somewhere out there".
PS.a friend is on Plusnets unlimited plan which from what Ive read,says she can get "upto" 12Mps,checked this morning,shes getting about 13. I thought that if there was a" fault",her speed thingy might be reading circa 18Mps.............but not so.....................so.........just wonder if anybody else has noticed a "big increase in speed.
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Speed complaint.......................NOT !!

Post the router stats - this explains http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html - and we would have an idea what has happened
picbits
Rising Star

As far as I know you would get as much as your line would support and your modem would sync at.
It may be that some work has been done somewhere on your line / cabinet / exchange which has resulted in a better sync for your service Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

A thought
Has your exchange had 21CN enabled and you have been moved to it - this would explain the increase
DanHodby
Grafter

Looks like you've been upgraded to 21CN
Congratulations  Grin
Tomplus73
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks Dan and Jim......havent had the chance yet to look in router stats etc..........would have to put me thinking cap on anyway  :-[.............been busy cleaning out garage..........now using upstairs PC,which is slower than other one.still getting 13Ms etc.............when doing test with friends PC this am,her UPload speed was only .35Mbps.......I used to get about that,now getting double.viz about. .80 Mbps  :).............I think we are on the same exchange..............BUT my  green box is just down the road.......dunno where hers is..................... Undecided
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

The location of the green box is only relevant to FTTC products - it has no bearing on the performance of ADSL. It's more likely that your friend has a capped upstream - if she asks, PN will uncap it for her for no extra cost on 21CN ADSL.