Grafter

Speed Throttled

Hey i've moved onto my new allowance but i'm still stuck at crawling speeds
need some help please Smiley
9 REPLIES 9
Paulalex
Grafter

Re: Speed Throttled

They will never be in a hurry when it comes down to unthrottling us, They may even tell you its DLM  Cheesy and wait three days.
But there in like a bullet when they have an excuse to cap us..
Alxns
Grafter

Oh its fixed now Cheesy and yeah it can be a pain sometimes but lately things have been good.
Grant17375
Dabbler

Quote from: Alxns
Hey i've moved onto my new allowance but i'm still stuck at crawling speeds
need some help please Smiley

That's the EXACT speeds I've been getting since Saturday and mine is still frigged.  Embarrassed
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That's the EXACT speeds I've been getting since Saturday and mine is still frigged.  Embarrassed 

You should have an email from us on the 13th Oct which explains why your speeds are restricted. Basically you've reached the usage allowance for your account and can either:
- Wait until your billing date when the speed will go back to normal
- Use the Manage My Usage tool to allow extra usage to be added, this is in 5GB blocks at £5 per block.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Grant17375
Dabbler

Very confused now.
I'm on 10gb allowance and I've only used circa 8.5gb.  Can you tell me how that works please?
dick:quote
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry, my mistake I missed that. I've corrected what I believe the issue was (Manage My Usage incorrectly restricting) and hopefully this should sort your problem out.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Grant17375
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
Sorry, my mistake I missed that. I've corrected what I believe the issue was (Manage My Usage incorrectly restricting) and hopefully this should sort your problem out.

Thanks for the reply Chris.  Do you know how long this will take to sort out?
And without being too arsey, will this be reflected by some kind of bill reduction?  Aside from all the hours spent over the weekend running tests, trying to sort it and contacting Plusnet, I've been without a proper service since 13/10 through no fault of my own..

Thanks
Paulalex
Grafter

wow i bet that happens alot.. And most people would never notice, would probably save PN loads of bandwidth  Shocked
Grant17375
Dabbler

Quote from: Paulalex

wow i bet that happens alot.. And most people would never notice, would probably save PN loads of bandwidth  Shocked

Probably! Still waiting for an answer, either by e mail, through the help section, or here on the forum as to how long it will take to get back to optimum speeds and whether I can expect some form of reimbursement, when it really happened through no fault of my own..
Thanks in advance Plusnet staff!