Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Tester

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Speed Tester

Hi, I was activated on Wednesday of this week and  I  thought I would test my speed using the tool in the My account area, I'm getting some weird readings, a couple of zeros and this morning 140 mbps. i usually use either Namesco or Speedtest.net. I do them now and again just to keep a record.
could anyone advise what may be wrong, I run Norton Internet security 2008 with Phishing protection and I'm using Vista Home Premium Op system.
regards
jono
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Speed Tester

The tester on the portal is rubbish and due for replacement.
Try http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/ which is what is going to replace it.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just had a look at your account and done a quick line test and I can't see any problems, it's showing you with a good profile of 7000. Can you try a BT Speedtest and let us know the results.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi Chris these are the results, I haven't got a problem with speed, as i said I usually use other sites but thought with being new to plus net i would give the one on the site a try.
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    IP profile for your line is - 7000 kbps
    DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)  8096 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 6476 kbps
If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.
If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance.
Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.
regards
jono

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Good to know that it's just the portal speedtester giving odd results. As jelv says this isn't particularly good, the new one he has linked to gives much better results.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi just tried that one and the results as you say are ok, thought I'd sort the one out on the Plus net site out just in case I have bother but so far I'm over the moon, good servce all round.
Today 14:07 6541 kbps (818kB/s) 364 kbps (45.5kB/s)
Thanks for the help anyway.
jono