Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Saturday night

brendajorsler
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Speed Saturday night

My usual speed is around 4.76 mbps.  Saturday night and into Sunday morning am getting around 1.6 mbps.  Please put my speed back up.

7 REPLIES 7
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Speed Saturday night

Try disconnecting your internet via your router if you know how too, wait 30 seconds then connect again and see if that helps. Sometimes it helps if you are using a congested gateway.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @brendajorsler

Sorry to hear you are experiencing slow speeds. I've been testing your broadband:

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 29.3 49.5
SNR Margin: 5.9 11.0
Errored Seconds: 0 2
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 123 1945
Speed: 1147 4544

I'm not finding an issue with your speed. Are you still having problems?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

You're not finding an issue? What about the high downstream SNRM, and possibly banded downstream speed?

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

One of the most overlooked suggestions is to change your router channel.

I was in a similar position and for days I thought it was either the router at fault or PN.

A simple change of the channel and everything is going great so far. Download an app. that tells you who's on what (channel) nearby and change accordingly.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@ejs wrote:

You're not finding an issue? What about the high downstream SNRM, and possibly banded downstream speed?

Apologies for that.

Profile Info:

WBC 2M - 4M No delay (INP 0) 6dB Downstream, UC No delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

It is banded. I've reset the line and removed the banding. I'm going to be monitoring the connection to see whether it remains stable.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
brendajorsler
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I didn't do anything to try to rectify the slow speed on Saturday night and yet Sunday morning it was back to normal (4.6mbps)

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm not being able to identify the cause of that. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.