cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Profile Changed again ?

skydemon
Grafter

Speed Profile Changed again ?

Hi my speed has dropped from 60/70 mb/s down to 21 mb/s . Could you tell me if I am on the wrong profile again please as this happened about 6 months ago. I have just upgraded my pc and was hoping to achieve better speeds not worse.
4 REPLIES 4
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Speed Profile Changed again ?

I can see that you've raised a fault with us and our automated testing has located an issue with your line external to your property.
An engineer has been tasked to investigate and resolve this for you. We would expect this to be completed within 24-48 working hours. Our Faults Team will be in touch with further details following this.
skydemon
Grafter

ok Thanks for your help
skydemon
Grafter

Just had a visit from a B.T Engineer , he was here for about an hour and 20 minutes , he performed 2 tests each lasting about 20 minutes, each testing the line for faults , noise and stability the line passed with flying colours he did say that you couldn't get a better result or line. He then phoned a colleague at B.T for more tests which all passed he was then given a contact number for Plusnet which he phoned and within minutes my speed was back up to what it should be . He told me to monitor my speeds over the next couple of weeks and if I get reduced speeds again I was to contact you and he would perform more extensive tests with the wiring and equipment further down the line, he said that all it takes is a bit of moisture on some of the wiring for it to play up.
Thanks now my speed is what it should be again ( hope it lasts this time )
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Skydemon,
Seems you've had a good BTOR visit.  Indeed damp joint issues can be dammed hard to locate when it's not wet!
You'll need to keep an eye on things.  Look at your router stats daily, take a note of the connection duration.  Inspect the logs for changes in synchronisation.
Poor speed can be caused by a slower synch speed and / or errors on the line requiring data retransmission to over come unreadable data transfers.
Hope all will be ok for you now.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.