cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Problem

polnan

Speed Problem

I am a new customer, have reported abysmal lack of speed with bb and can`t watch Youtube, (to which I am addicted)
it stutters.
I am also not very computer literate so most of this language goes way over my head/
I was with Talk talk till recently changed and I had no problems with them!  and no one here seems to care.
3 REPLIES 3
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Low(er) speed - fault?

Hi polnan,
Welcome to the forum. In view of your situation, I'm requesting a mod move your post and this reply to a new thread of your own so that it doesn't confuse other posters problems or theirs confuse yours. And of course it can be dealt with in language and terminology that you can understand.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Speed Problem

Moderator's Note
Posts split to their own topic.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Speed Problem

Thanks Dick.
@polnan
Bearing in mind your comments we'll try and take this one step at a time. As you initially posted on the ADSL board, I assume you aren't on a Fibre (FTTC) connection.  Could you tell us which model of modem/router you have?
Can you also run the BTw Performance test (DON'T REBOOT, ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet, also use an ethernet connection to the modem/router rather than wireless) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test.
Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post here (no need to grab an image).
Can you also post your Current Line speed (Login required) - again do a copy and paste but don't post the phone number.
In case you didn't know, the red underlined bits are links you can click on.