Fixes: 4

Re: Speed Problem Yet AGAIN !!!!!!

Dalton in Furness is a parent exchange of the following exchanges:
BARDSEA
BARROW-IN-FURNESS
MILLOM
ULVERSTON
WALNEY
So Steve looks like you're affected by this as well. I'll update the exchange page shortly.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Roblister
Grafter

Thanks for the info Dave.  Wow that's crazy, no wonder it's struggling!  Dalton is a rather small town and it has the entire Furness peninsula trying to connect to it.  (I guess they know what they're doing)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why crazy? It looks to be geographically in the middle and so would be the natural site to use.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Roblister
Grafter

Not so much geographically crazy, it just seems like a lot of people to put onto one exchange.  Then again, I suppose it's nothing compared to the cities, it was just a bit surprising.
There is one important advantage to this, to be fair - there are more people to notice and complain if there's a problem.  It'd be a lot more difficult to get anything investigated if we were on our own.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Perhaps also it was the location when they had the most space to install all the equipment.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
steve101

Quote from: dave
Dalton in Furness is a parent exchange of the following exchanges:
BARDSEA
BARROW-IN-FURNESS
MILLOM
ULVERSTON
WALNEY
So Steve looks like you're affected by this as well. I'll update the exchange page shortly.

Thank you.
AndyH
Grafter

@ Mods - Is there a chance there can be a sticky created with a link to http://community.plus.net/exchange-information/ ? Is a useful page for people to check for known exchange capacity/speed issues. Thanks
englishrick
Grafter

Good idea Andy....
Well I don't know if the Engineer will still be coming I've left numerous messages on my ticket to tell them not to bother and I have asked the PN guys on here. If he comes we wont be in now anyhow as we have made other arrangements.
Just waiting on results to see whats wrong with the exchange as it seems a load of People on The Alsager/Kidsgrove Exchange are suffering the same as me.
dick:quote
englishrick
Grafter

Still losing 63Mb of Download speed during PEAK TIME..
http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1389304529&v=21426979
englishrick
Grafter

Ohhh look just as Im off to work blistering speeds OFF PEAK.
http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1389334781&v=21428040
englishrick
Grafter

Well engineer rang us and I told him I had informed PN for them not to bother because it is an exchange problem. He also said it is connected at full speed of which I told him yes it is in OFF PEAK time and to try it at 8pm when it is PEAK, he said FIBRE doesn't work like that I said whatever!!!!!!

Any news Chris as to what is wrong or are BT Bulls*****g !!!!!
AndyH
Grafter

You do have to laugh...
Normal engineers cannot test for or fix speed issues - all they do is check the sync speed. But for some reason, Openreach seem to like wasting resources and time.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

It's the distinction between BT Wholesale and Openreach that confuses the problem. The engineer booked would be an Openreach engineer responsible for the line between you and exchange whereas the problem looks to be within the BT Wholesale network somewhere between exchange and us. So from the Openreach engineer's point of view there's no fault because he's looking for a fault on the line and there isn't one and bounces the fault back to BT Wholesale to look at.
I've just checked with BTW to see if there's any update and they're still investigating but they said they would be working over the weekend so might find something before I check back on Monday.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
englishrick
Grafter

Ok Thanks For That Dave, Hope It Gets Sorted Soon....
Roblister
Grafter

Quote from: dave
It's the distinction between BT Wholesale and Openreach that confuses the problem. The engineer booked would be an Openreach engineer responsible for the line between you and exchange whereas the problem looks to be within the BT Wholesale network somewhere between exchange and us. So from the Openreach engineer's point of view there's no fault because he's looking for a fault on the line and there isn't one and bounces the fault back to BT Wholesale to look at.
I've just checked with BTW to see if there's any update and they're still investigating but they said they would be working over the weekend so might find something before I check back on Monday.

I hope they toddle along to Dalton as well and give things there a bit of a tweak.