cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Problem Yet AGAIN !!!!!!

thesawdust
Grafter

Re: Speed Problem Yet AGAIN !!!!!!

You'll be lucky, You didn't lose service so why would they give you the world.
It happens, it's been resolved. Start moaning about something else  Cheesy
englishrick
Grafter

Quote from: thesawdust

Well your wrong there mate to start with!!! here is a quote from Matthew Wright - CSC Analyst @PN who on a ticket to me said " We are happy to refund your downtime as you are paying for a service which you cannot use. For us to do this we need to wait until for your fault to be fully resolved and closed, the reason why we need to wait is so we can fully refund the down time accurately."
so in future keep your trolling to yourself!!
AndyH
Grafter

Downtime is the wrong word, it should say degraded service.
I think a refund of two months for your broadband would be fair and reasonable.
Residential broadband does not carry "consequential compensation", unlike some business broadband products. But there is a price attached to this for business customers.
englishrick
Grafter

Still running ok at 8pm..

apepp
Grafter

...looks good.
Openreach - "a fenced-off wholesale division, responsible for the "last mile" of BT's access network in GB and tasked with ensuring that rival operators have equality of access to BT's local network".
...not in my experience, or of that of the ISPs paying BT I expect.
...my understanding is that Plusnet are owned and run by BT anyway.
…but when you are working for a profit you don’t get “equality” service, or a service at all in some cases.
mattprince
Grafter

Quote from: thesawdust

We lost speed and as that's the reason we paid the extra for the fibre , we did lose service. As for the "it happens", if it had taken a few weeks to resolve then I would agree , but its been like this for me, for nearly 12 months. Countless times the kids have had to not have a film night (we have one every weekend) due to buffering.
mattprince
Grafter

The arrogance beggars belief. Ive just gone on to the help section to see if I had a reply over this and have seen a message sent from 1 department to another saying "3 months half price , case resolved". Erm... was somebody going to let me know that the case was resolved? Also , ive had 12 months poor service , well documented in my account and im offered a paltry 3 months half price????? I DONT THINK SO! I want a refund of the difference between fibre and normal at least as ive paid for the extra speed and not got it most of the time. Can somebody please let me know what is happening before I take this further?
Matt
mattprince
Grafter

And the reply I had on twitter "Understood, the intention is to look at another goodwill gesture when the issue is resolved. We're aware Alsager has been an issue for a long while now" says it all. You've known its been an issue for a long time but don't want to do the right thing and offer me something that may make me to want me to remain a plusnet customer and refund me something that I paid for and didn't get.
Terrible!
mattprince
Grafter

Just had a missed call on my phone off somebody called "Daniel from PlusNet". Explains that the offer of 3 months half price (which I didn't even know about until I logged in to see if I had a reply) is the maximum available as I don't pay for speed and the fault was BT not PlusNet. WELL THATS FUNNY!!!!!!!! THE FIBRE PRODUCT ON YOUR SITE IS ALL ABOUT SPEED. That's what I ordered, that's what you make people expect, SPEED, that's what they bother to pay extra for. You can stick your 3 months half price up your A R S E and ill just take my screengrabs of you openly admitting you've known about there being a problem with Alsager for a long time, the copies of the replies in the support section and will go to the small claims court. Can anybody who works for PlusNet, if they can be bothered, let me know who to address the small claims summons to please?
Matt
ColinBe
Dabbler

Hi Matt, I somewhat agree with your comments, I really do feel your frustration. Personally, I've been given 3 months at half price as a "good-will" gesture. With that said, I'm actually taken back a little by the response to my support ticket, it's almost arrogant...! Something along the lines of "In terms of receiving credit, this would only be applied should you be without the connection altogether."
Oh, it goes on....
"We have no responsibility to add credit for slow speeds as it is not what you pay for. You are paying the connection itself with your usage allowance included, the speed is a condition of the line which can vary but will not be guaranteed by any service provider with the same market bracket."
I think you'll find, actually, I'm paying for a complete service. Plusnet, you receive a payment from me every month for a phone and internet service, that includes the line, bundled "talk-time" minutes, AND yes, as you quite rightly state, usage allowance in terms of bandwidth. It's true, speeds are not guaranteed (we all understand that), but just because you're not necessarily the cause of the fault, you should still honour the service to your customers. So, I'll take your "3 months half price" offer, but please, don't make out like you're doing me a favour.
AndyH
Grafter

By BT Wholesale's very own acknowledgement, end users faced a "degraded service" which was below their own acceptable threshold level for the time when most people use their broadband.
PlusNet need to push BT Wholesale on this. It makes no sense for BT Wholesale to expect the ISPs to pay out compensation or offer discounted line rental out of their own pockets.
I understand that speeds vary - that's fair enough. But when network planning has made a balls up of there being enough capacity at the exchange to support the users, then they have to accept responsibility for this and compensate the ISPs.
mattprince
Grafter

Quote from: ColinBe
Hi Matt, I somewhat agree with your comments, I really do feel your frustration. Personally, I've been given 3 months at half price as a "good-will" gesture. With that said, I'm actually taken back a little by the response to my support ticket, it's almost arrogant...! Something along the lines of "In terms of receiving credit, this would only be applied should you be without the connection altogether."
Oh, it goes on....
"We have no responsibility to add credit for slow speeds as it is not what you pay for. You are paying the connection itself with your usage allowance included, the speed is a condition of the line which can vary but will not be guaranteed by any service provider with the same market bracket."
I think you'll find, actually, I'm paying for a complete service. Plusnet, you receive a payment from me every month for a phone and internet service, that includes the line, bundled "talk-time" minutes, AND yes, as you quite rightly state, usage allowance in terms of bandwidth. It's true, speeds are not guaranteed (we all understand that), but just because you're not necessarily the cause of the fault, you should still honour the service to your customers. So, I'll take your "3 months half price" offer, but please, don't make out like you're doing me a favour.

Hi Colin,
Yep, same rubbish I was told too. If I hadn't bothered to check myself that I had a reply I would have never known about the 3 months either. My contract is with PlusNet , not with BT. Best thing is if we all group together and all go to the small claims court.
thesawdust
Grafter

is it really needed? it'll prolly cost you more than it's actually worth in court. They've offered you half price for six months
mattprince
Grafter

No, they've offered me 3 months half price. Small claims will cost me £25, and PlusNet would be reimbursing that anyway. I had approx 25% of the normal speed at pm times. Would they have accepted 25% of the bill being paid??????????Huh
thesawdust
Grafter

I've got a slow down on my Fibre at the moment. I'm just demanding a fix? Yet another BT idiot visiting my house (To reset my line at the cab)
If my bill was £100 a month then i wouldn't be impressed, but £19.99 a month is it really worth complaining about? It's just a bit of pocket money going missing out the bank. Maybe PlusNET should get compensation from BT as it was clearly a problem with the Network (Outside PlusNETs)  Roll_eyes