cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Not As Estimated

flamazine
Dabbler

Speed Not As Estimated

had my fibre connection up for about 6 hours now and the download speed wont go any faster than  34 Mbps upload speed is around 13mbps . checked a few times and its not the speed i was estimated at when i signed up. Estimated download speed: 62 Mbps  Estimated upload speed: 20 Mbps . How long  a wait  is it until i get the speed im paying for?
cheers
adie:red removed all caps title as per link:rules
8 REPLIES 8
Strike
Dabbler

Re: new user

I'v got new a connection up a few hours and I had a similar problem you had.. If you ring Customer Service - they will correct the speed profile for you and it will be done by tomorrow.
dick:quote
flamazine
Dabbler

cheers
flamazine
Dabbler

didn't ring customer service. opened a ticket on help assistant . still waiting for a reply Sad
flamazine
Dabbler

Just tested again and now only getting 12mbps . i was getting better speed from Sky adsl . im beginning to think iv'e made a mistake by moving to plusnet..
flamazine
Dabbler

Re: SPEED NOT AS ESTIMATED

Still slow speeds . Help!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Speed Not As Estimated

Hi flamazine,
Sorry for the delay in replying.
Are you connecting wired or wireless to your router? I've had a look at your connection and account and you should be seeing speeds in the high 70Mb/s, can you try a <a href="http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows-7/>PPPoE</a> connection and see if there's any difference?
flamazine
Dabbler

I have connected using both wireless and Ethernet . When ionwireless i get 15-20 Mbps. On ethernet 70Mbps  so i must have a problem with my wireless or is this about normal for wireless connection.
cheers
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I'd suggest tweaking your wireless settings. You can do this at <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/wireless_broadband/wireless_signal.shtml">here</a>. This should help.