Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Lower Than Expected

celsoazevedo
Grafter

Speed Lower Than Expected

Hi everyone,
two weeks ago I started using Plusnet broadband. My plan is the Fibre Unlimited (up to 76Mb/s) + phone.
The promised maximum speed was 75Mb/s, but my maximum speed is only 35~37Mb/s.
Estimated line speed:

speedtest.btwholesale.com test:

speedtest.net:

download test (ubuntu, uk servers):

There is no big difference between network cable and wifi, speed is almost the same.
Also, the upload speed is almost the same my old broadband (virigin media, "national").  Undecided

Any suggestion to increase the speed?

Thanks,
Celso
3 REPLIES 3
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Speed Lower Than Expected

Those speeds suggest that you may have been mistakenly provisioned on 40/2 rather than 80/20, customer service should be able to check this and fix it if that's the case.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
You've been  provisioned on the 40/2 product so I've placed a modify order to rectify this, this will complete tomorrow for you.
celsoazevedo
Grafter

Quote from: w23
Those speeds suggest that you may have been mistakenly provisioned on 40/2 rather than 80/20, customer service should be able to check this and fix it if that's the case.

Quote from: chrispurvey
Hi there,
You've been  provisioned on the 40/2 product so I've placed a modify order to rectify this, this will complete tomorrow for you.

Ok, thanks  Smiley